Remastered support with old mods

I want to know exactly why Sandbox+ doesn't work (I don't own Remastered) so I made a simple test script.
Upon loading a saved game, it should display "HELLO WORLD!", teleport you to Boat Dock, and gives you 5 stars police wanted level.
View attachment 25789

If this script works then I suspect they removed some functions like "player_button_is_pressed".
If a Hello World message shows up but doesn't teleport you, then they removed teleport functions.
If it doesn't work at all (not even a Hello World message) then it could mean any of the following:
* message function got removed
* sr3_city_main() is not called by the game anymore (it was a blank function in the 2011 vanilla so they may have decided to not bother it)
* sr3_city.lua is not loaded by the game; the game lost its ability to load loose lua files (only xtbl is loaded)
* The contents of sr3_city.lua is drastically different from the original (2011) version.
* The game doesn't use Lua anymore; missions are now hardcoded in C++ (I heard Agents of Mayhem is apparently like this)

I also want to know if game_lib.lua is loaded by the game, so I uploaded a modified game_lib.lua.
If the first enemies in the first bank heist mission shows health bars, then game_lib.lua is loaded by the game and the missions still use Lua internally.
View attachment 25791

tested. Nothing happens.

seems any mod that touches customization_items/customization_default_items crashes the game. makes sense but is unfortunate. especially because we don't have tools atm to extract and dif the xtbl

tested. Nothing happens.
Thanks for testing. It's unfortunate that the game no longer loads loose lua files.
Guess we'll have to wait until someone creates a new vpp_pc packer before we can mess with any Lua files, assuming the game still uses Lua at all.

Thanks for testing. It's unfortunate that the game no longer loads loose lua files.
Guess we'll have to wait until someone creates a new vpp_pc packer before we can mess with any Lua files, assuming the game still uses Lua at all.
hoping for some good news in the future :p i love saints row but it just kind of dosen't feel the same without the mods

wait you can try different extensions like sr3city.cs , sr3city.vb, sr3city.net, sr3city.net.dll and see any keys pops out , if all not working then , oh well. we have play without any functions.

There is some way to get function working for just guessing it then. I can't extract remastered however.
Give me a few minutes and I'll let ya know! Anything I can do to help

Edit:nope nothing from any of them. Sorry.

Vanilla character.xtbl from the original game works

aap1Lr5yZuE.jpg

aKwcs3i6wQc.jpg
lIMm1Oq0JSo.jpg

abU6yUlW5KI.jpg

Attachments

• character.xtbl
    326.7 KB · Views: 257
Last edited:
Can someone tell me: are the save versions of 2011 compatible with the remaster? Personally, I did not manage to launch them. I don’t feel like passing the game the 5th or 6th time.

Back