Import boss from SR4 to GOOH

I linked version 1.04 to my first post. Should work in the future for similar ^ cases, where GOOH save doesn't yet have Boss entry at all.
I would also suggest for anyone, that uses default Steam / GOG install path (in Program Files), to copy saves you want to use to script directory first, to avoid potential permissions issue.

Hi, it writes "wrong or unsuported files" for me. It seems to create a file, but it's still the base character after that. Sending you my saves too, see if there is anything wrong.

Attachments

• saves.rar
    21.7 KB · Views: 356
Hi, it writes "wrong or unsuported files" for me. It seems to create a file, but it's still the base character after that. Sending you my saves too, see if there is anything wrong.

It worked for me out of the box :|
a few questions, if you don't mind:
- which script version did you use?
- did you copy save files somewhere outside Program Files first, or did you paste direct path to the files?
- are you sure you clicked 'Continue' and not 'New Game', by mistake?

At any rate, I'm attaching your save with imported boss.

Attachments

• srgsave_00_locass.zip
    6 KB · Views: 410
It works ! Thanks !

I used the 104 version
I tried both
And i did click on 'Continue'.

French version of the game if that changes anything. Can't think of anything else that could be different.

Thanks again, it's nice to have people like you.
I'll stay on this thread a little more if i can help with anything.

It works ! Thanks !
Thanks again, it's nice to have people like you.
I'll stay on this thread a little more if i can help with anything.
Go enjoy your game instead ;)

I doubt game language should matter, it worked for me and I play in English. OS language (for encoding) maybe, but unlikely.
Scripting was the easiest way for me, but looking through this thread, virtually everyone but me has problems :p

I'll look into turning it into proper application Soon™

I'm afraid this doesn't work for me. I'm using the latest version of the tool and I've also tried the manual instructions, but to no avail. :(

TmX9xCH.jpg

This is what I get when I try the script, and when I try it manually it's still the default. However when I tried it manually, in the GOOH save file I only got ONE hit for the string I needed to seach for, rather than two as stated. Is there something I'm missing?

Edit: I've rarred and hosted my saves in case anyone wants to take a look. http://www.filedropper.com/sr4andgoohsaves

Edit 2: Even though the Boss didn't transfer across, I somehow got the achievement 20/20 Vision (Spend 20 hours in hell) "https://www.xboxachievements.com/ga...l/achievement/95990-Twenty-Twenty-Vision.html" so clearly SOMETHING has copied over...just not what I needed. (to be clear, I've not got past the first cutscene yet, so I've NOT got this achievement legit)

Last edited:
Edit 2: Even though the Boss didn't transfer across, I somehow got the achievement 20/20 Vision (Spend 20 hours in hell) "https://www.xboxachievements.com/ga...l/achievement/95990-Twenty-Twenty-Vision.html" so clearly SOMETHING has copied over...just not what I needed. (to be clear, I've not got past the first cutscene yet, so I've NOT got this achievement legit)

If you copied over the first hit, you probably messed the main player data in GOOH.
Please check the one I'm attaching if it works, can't launch it myself 'cause I'm currently at work :p

Attachments

• srgsave_00.zip
    5.5 KB · Views: 389
If you copied over the first hit, you probably messed the main player data in GOOH.
Please check the one I'm attaching if it works, can't launch it myself 'cause I'm currently at work :p

I was about to post an update. I managed to get it to work by taking the fixed version you made in post 53 and applying the patch to THAT. It's all working now. Many thanks. ^_^

Edit:
IzJjPQu.png

While trying the Hex method to edit my fresh GOOH save file, I found that my GOOH file only had one hit for the hex of 6E 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 3F. Not sure what's up with that.

Ended up downloading the file in post 58 and hexing my own data into it.

Last edited:
Back