How to replace npc character mesh

I didn't quite understand. What did u mean by "moving"?

I tried to freeze bone_root transformations after this step of tutorial (replacing character mesh), but problem still remains
Yeah my bad, bones doesn't matter. Ok, as I remember
1) You set some offset to the root bone
upload_2019-1-10_16-38-14.png

2)You clone your character mesh and freeze its transform
3)You bind it to skeleton and transfer weights from original mesh
4)Delete original mesh and set its name to the one with frozen transform (sometimes it doesn't works so do it before binding skin)

Last edited:
Yeah my bad, bones doesn't matter. Ok, as I remember
1) You set some offset to the root bone
View attachment 20900
2)You clone your character mesh and freeze its transform
3)You bind it to skeleton and transfer weights from original mesh
4)Delete original mesh and set its name to the one with frozen transform (sometimes it doesn't works so do it before binding skin)
And now, after this, converter doesn't convert. But if I delete history of character mesh, bind it back to bones and try again, it works, for some reason. Though in game, problem still remains. Also, I noticed, that with low-poly objects(clothes in my case) there's more chance that converter will convert.

I am not mind reader, you doing something wrong. Moving skeleton doesn't affect mesh in game because without replacing skeleton converter read it as zero position, You should move mesh and freeze its position. I did it too many times.
upload_2019-1-12_12-13-14.png
upload_2019-1-12_12-14-49.png

Try simple as possible material, one texture 256*256 first maybe, I had more problem with this.
Using different character(still male) helped, but this time, if I apply more than 1 material, converter doesn't convert texture files (high and normal cpeg/gpeg). That didn't happen with previous male and female characters, and I'm doing everything exactly the same :confused:

I cant make it work henry, game keeps crashing when the npc shows up.

I have a question on the final step tho. I must unpack the character´s str2_pc and then replace the files with the ones created with the converter right? then repack and update asm

I cant make it work henry, game keeps crashing when the npc shows up.

I have a question on the final step tho. I must unpack the character´s str2_pc and then replace the files with the ones created with the converter right? then repack and update asm
I guess this the problem with asm files. My packing pipline is
1) Create two folders 1 for hi-res maps 2 for models in the Output folder made by converter and unpack there hi-res map and archive with the character
2) After converting model rename hi-res maps and material, converter set %meshname%_high but in the archives, it's %meshname%_body_high
3) Move renamed files to hi-res folder and converted mesh files to the character folder
4) Pack both and update asm files
upload_2019-6-2_18-50-28.png

I used this copy.bat file for automatization

Code:
xcopy /y %cd%\shaundijsuit.ccmesh_pc %cd%\shaundijsuit
xcopy /y %cd%\shaundijsuit.cpeg_pc %cd%\shaundijsuit
xcopy /y %cd%\shaundijsuit.gcmesh_pc %cd%\shaundijsuit
xcopy /y %cd%\shaundijsuit.gpeg_pc %cd%\shaundijsuit

DEL %cd%\shaundijsuit_body_high.cpeg_pc
DEL %cd%\shaundijsuit_body_high.gpeg_pc
DEL %cd%\shaundijsuit_body_high.matlib_pc

rename %cd%\shaundijsuit_high.cpeg_pc shaundijsuit_body_high.cpeg_pc
rename %cd%\shaundijsuit_high.gpeg_pc shaundijsuit_body_high.gpeg_pc
rename %cd%\shaundijsuit_high.matlib_pc shaundijsuit_body_high.matlib_pc

xcopy /y %cd%\shaundijsuit_body_high.cpeg_pc %cd%\high
xcopy /y %cd%\shaundijsuit_body_high.gpeg_pc %cd%\high
xcopy /y %cd%\shaundijsuit_body_high.matlib_pc %cd%\high

"C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Saints Row IV\tools\ThomasJepp.SaintsRow-rev121\ThomasJepp.SaintsRow.BuildPackfile.exe" sriv %cd%\shaundijsuit "C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Saints Row IV\saints_female_shaundijsuit.str2_pc" /asm:"C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Saints Row IV\character_containers.asm_pc"

"C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Saints Row IV\tools\ThomasJepp.SaintsRow-rev121\ThomasJepp.SaintsRow.BuildPackfile.exe" sriv %cd%\high "C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Saints Row IV\saints_female_shaundijsuit_high.str2_pc" /asm:"C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Saints Row IV\character_containers.asm_pc"
pause

Back