Gibbed tools

In what way is it not working? When you want help with a problem, you need to be descriptive about what the problem is. What did you do, what did you expect to happen, and what happened instead?
problem solved, or it was me that got blind or my PC don´t showned the new created folder name misc_tables...

"2. Drag one of your vanilla .vpp_pc files on to Gibbed.SaintsRow3.UnpackVPP.exe This will extract it into a subfolder of the same name as the archive"
This doesnt seem to work for me! cmd force closes and the troubleshooter is executed ! any help guys ?

Okay, I'm encountering the same old fun error with the version in the OP while attempting to unpack soundboot.vpp_pc. Additionally, I encountered the same error while using the original Gibbed r91_b74. The error is the one that says "System.IO.EndOfStreamException: Attempted to read past the end of the stream." More specifics in the screenshot. I have unpacked misc_tables without any problems, as well as sounds_common. When I checked, the resulting ../soundboot/ folder had 929 files in it. I'm going to attach a .zip with my screenshot and by version of soundboot.vpp_pc in case it'll help.

soundboot error.PNG

One thing I noted while reading the thread is that a version of the soundboot vpp posted earlier in the thread and stated to work perfectly is around 8.8mb and the one that I have is about 4.04. I've verified my local game cache through Steam and Steam tells me I have "Current content BuildID: 72005". Have the files just changed in some way that renders the unpacker unusable for this version, or am I missing something?

For further reference, I'm attempting to modify a radio station by following this guide: https://www.saintsrowmods.com/forum/threads/custom-radio-stations-guide.2/ thus, why I grabbed the VPPs that I did. I'm using Windows 7; on a lark, I tried running the unpacker "as an administrator" but that doesn't seem to have made any difference either way. Extra note (edited in): verified that Windows 7 and the .net framework are, to the best of my knowledge, up to date.

Thanks so much! The amount of effort you guys put into these tools is amazing and it almost always makes the stupid stuff I want to do really simple.

Attachments

• soundboot.rar
    7.9 MB · Views: 474
Last edited:
Does anyone know where I can find the asm files for the vehicles? They weren't in the vehicles vpp_pc, or at least it didn't get extracted.

Not that it's like I'll get any help due to lack of attention but I'm having similar issues to:

Whenever I try to unpack customize_item.asm_pc the console window opens, instantly closes, and doesn't do anything.
"2. Drag one of your vanilla .vpp_pc files on to Gibbed.SaintsRow3.UnpackVPP.exe This will extract it into a subfolder of the same name as the archive"
This doesnt seem to work for me! cmd force closes and the troubleshooter is executed ! any help guys ?

I've tried 2 different builds and checked my net framework among other helpless things but I keep getting the same thing over and over. I'll copy some vanilla .vpp_pc files like the patch or misc files into the location of the gibbed tools, drag one over to the 'Unpack VPP' and it'll execute. Then the command prompt window will open and stay open for a rather unpredictable duration and just when you'll think it's doing what it's suppost to, it'll close (or perhaps crash). No text ever created within the window and no sign of the file it's supposed to create whatsoever. So what on earth am I doing wrong?

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Not that it's like I'll get any help due to lack of attention but I'm having similar issues to:

I've tried 2 different builds and checked my net framework among other helpless things but I keep getting the same thing over and over. I'll copy some vanilla .vpp_pc files like the patch or misc files into the location of the gibbed tools, drag one over to the 'Unpack VPP' and it'll execute. Then the command prompt window will open and stay open for a rather unpredictable duration and just when you'll think it's doing what it's suppost to, it'll close (or perhaps crash). No text ever created within the window and no sign of the file it's supposed to create whatsoever. So what on earth am I doing wrong?

Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Which packages does this happen with? All of them or just some specific ones?

If anyone's listening, I'm having a problem with a specific .exe file in the Gibbed Tools package. It's called "Gibbed.SaintsRow3.UnpackSTR2.exe". When I drag and drop any str2_pc file contained within an archive called "sr3_city_missions.vpp_pc" (obviously UnpackVPP.exe works fine) a folder is generated that contains one useless file called "@streams.xml". None of the archived script data is to be found anywhere. If I'm looking in the wrong vpp_pc archive for mission scripts, please point that out.

My goal is to access certain mission scripts from the game so I can execute them on command in free roam. I did find a post in a thread somewhere on this site by [V] IdolNinja explaining that the latest version of Gibbed Tools included broken copies of UnpackSTR2.exe and PackSTR2.exe. He recommended downloading a previous version (volition-r85_b59) instead. After downloading, I found that this version contained the same problem.

Help would be greatly appreciated.

Win7 64bit
.NET Framework v4.0

If anyone's listening, I'm having a problem with a specific .exe file in the Gibbed Tools package. It's called "Gibbed.SaintsRow3.UnpackSTR2.exe". When I drag and drop any str2_pc file contained within an archive called "sr3_city_missions.vpp_pc" (obviously UnpackVPP.exe works fine) a folder is generated that contains one useless file called "@streams.xml". None of the archived script data is to be found anywhere. If I'm looking in the wrong vpp_pc archive for mission scripts, please point that out.

My goal is to access certain mission scripts from the game so I can execute them on command in free roam. I did find a post in a thread somewhere on this site by [V] IdolNinja explaining that the latest version of Gibbed Tools included broken copies of UnpackSTR2.exe and PackSTR2.exe. He recommended downloading a previous version (volition-r85_b59) instead. After downloading, I found that this version contained the same problem.

Help would be greatly appreciated.

Win7 64bit
.NET Framework v4.0
Sorry for the late reply, but - you're actually looking in the wrong place anyway. Mission scripts are actually not there - as an example for mission 01 - m01.luaa: https://saintsrowmods.com/search/Files/Results?game=2&searchTerm=m01.lua

Back