Gibbed tools

Is it normal for the ASM_updater to only pop up briefly and then close again?
And by briefly I mean that I'm not able to see more than a quick flash of the command prompt?

I'm not a modder, I'm just using a mod that states that I should update ASM's used by other mods, which is the case for me.

I'm probably missing something.. but when I try to use the packstr2 program, I get an error, notably....
Code:
Unhandled Exception: System.UnauthorizedAccessException: Access to the path 'C:\
Games\SRModding\SR3\Working\_a_rm_dt_01_modal.str2_pc' is denied.
  at System.IO.__Error.WinIOError(Int32 errorCode, String maybeFullPath)
  at System.IO.FileStream.Init(String path, FileMode mode, FileAccess access, I
nt32 rights, Boolean useRights, FileShare share, Int32 bufferSize, FileOptions o
ptions, SECURITY_ATTRIBUTES secAttrs, String msgPath, Boolean bFromProxy, Boolea
n useLongPath)
  at System.IO.FileStream..ctor(String path, FileMode mode, FileAccess access,
FileShare share, Int32 bufferSize, FileOptions options)
  at System.IO.File.Create(String path)
  at Gibbed.Volition.Pack.PackerBase`2.Build(TPackage package, IEnumerable`1 pa
ths, String outputPath, Boolean ps3) in D:\Gaming\Saints Row 3\VolitionHg\Gibbed
.Volition.Pack\PackerBase.cs:line 64
  at Gibbed.Volition.Pack.STR2.Packer`2.Main(String[] args) in D:\Gaming\Saints
Row 3\VolitionHg\Gibbed.Volition.Pack\STR2\Packer.cs:line 154
  at Gibbed.SaintsRow3.PackSTR2.Program.Main(String[] args) in D:\Gaming\Saints
Row 3\VolitionHg\Gibbed.SaintsRow3.PackSTR2\Program.cs:line 33

Implying there's a problem getting at the path. For some reason Windows keeps forcing a read-only flag on the whole directory set, even after I remove the flag. It also hadn't given me full permission to the folder to create, but that at least stayed. Not sure if those were what the issue is here...

So I tried the SR4 release, using it in srtt mode, but it just said..
Code:
Unhandled Exception: System.NotImplementedException: The method or operation is
not implemented.
  at ThomasJepp.SaintsRow.BuildPackfile.Program.Main(String[] args) in d:\Devel
opment\SaintsRow\ThomasJepp.SaintsRow.BuildPackfile\Program.cs:line 112

The only one that works is the sr4 buildpackfile gui program, but that is annoying to work with for multiple sr2s as I can't automate it. Is there something blatantly obvious I'm missing?

I'm probably missing something.. but when I try to use the packstr2 program, I get an error, notably....
Code:
Unhandled Exception: System.UnauthorizedAccessException: Access to the path 'C:\
Games\SRModding\SR3\Working\_a_rm_dt_01_modal.str2_pc' is denied.
  at System.IO.__Error.WinIOError(Int32 errorCode, String maybeFullPath)
  at System.IO.FileStream.Init(String path, FileMode mode, FileAccess access, I
nt32 rights, Boolean useRights, FileShare share, Int32 bufferSize, FileOptions o
ptions, SECURITY_ATTRIBUTES secAttrs, String msgPath, Boolean bFromProxy, Boolea
n useLongPath)
  at System.IO.FileStream..ctor(String path, FileMode mode, FileAccess access,
FileShare share, Int32 bufferSize, FileOptions options)
  at System.IO.File.Create(String path)
  at Gibbed.Volition.Pack.PackerBase`2.Build(TPackage package, IEnumerable`1 pa
ths, String outputPath, Boolean ps3) in D:\Gaming\Saints Row 3\VolitionHg\Gibbed
.Volition.Pack\PackerBase.cs:line 64
  at Gibbed.Volition.Pack.STR2.Packer`2.Main(String[] args) in D:\Gaming\Saints
Row 3\VolitionHg\Gibbed.Volition.Pack\STR2\Packer.cs:line 154
  at Gibbed.SaintsRow3.PackSTR2.Program.Main(String[] args) in D:\Gaming\Saints
Row 3\VolitionHg\Gibbed.SaintsRow3.PackSTR2\Program.cs:line 33

Implying there's a problem getting at the path. For some reason Windows keeps forcing a read-only flag on the whole directory set, even after I remove the flag. It also hadn't given me full permission to the folder to create, but that at least stayed. Not sure if those were what the issue is here...

So I tried the SR4 release, using it in srtt mode, but it just said..
Code:
Unhandled Exception: System.NotImplementedException: The method or operation is
not implemented.
  at ThomasJepp.SaintsRow.BuildPackfile.Program.Main(String[] args) in d:\Devel
opment\SaintsRow\ThomasJepp.SaintsRow.BuildPackfile\Program.cs:line 112

The only one that works is the sr4 buildpackfile gui program, but that is annoying to work with for multiple sr2s as I can't automate it. Is there something blatantly obvious I'm missing?
The SR4 build packfile program currently only builds SRIV packfiles.

Windows keeps forcing a read-only flag on the whole directory set
If you mean that the files in the directory are marked as read-only, that's a legitimate problem. If you mean that the directory is marked as read-only, be advised that Windows does not use the read-only flag on directories to mean that they are read only. It has a special meaning that isn't relevant here. In addition, a half-checked box (a solid square inside the checkbox) does not mean that the directory is read-only. It's presented that way to let you set or unset the read-only attribute on all of the files inside the directory.
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/326549

Huh, I did NOT know that. (The read-only flag, not the SR4 part, found that out shortly after)

I did find a solution... I had to use absolute paths for EVERYTHING in the command-line, and odder still also wrapped in quotes (which is odd, because as you can see there's not a space to be seen in my paths). I assume it's some wackiness about how windows references files vs how the tools do it. If I tried to just use a relative path for the input, output, or both, it failed to work (and yes I had to give a full path for the output too, it's not optional it seems no matter what the help listing suggests)

how i unpack the misc_tables file?? because

"2. Drag one of your vanilla .vpp_pc files on to Gibbed.SaintsRow3.UnpackVPP.exe This will extract it into a subfolder of the same name as the archive" dont work for me

Back