Gentlemen of the Row

Would it work to turn helis into planes instead of boats and customize them at the hangar? It's not on water, so you wouldn't have to worry about moving the trigger.

It blows up in SRTT trying to convert helis to anything but boats.

Weird. Does it do that with other conversions (say, Car->Heli or Car->Plane) or only with ones involving helicopters?

In general, only helicopters.

Strange. So the engine just treats helicopters differently from other vehicles in general.
Here's an idea (though you've probably already tried it): instead of moving the trigger, how about moving the boat garage where the heli spawns to a point directly on top of it? I noticed in SR3 that the "boat" helis didn't sink, even though they didn't move, and I know you can move garages around in SR2.

Strange. So the engine just treats helicopters differently from other vehicles in general.
Here's an idea (though you've probably already tried it): instead of moving the trigger, how about moving the boat garage where the heli spawns to a point directly on top of it? I noticed in SR3 that the "boat" helis didn't sink, even though they didn't move, and I know you can move garages around in SR2.

That's what I said already:

I could try putting the trigger for the boat dock mechanic on land right where the heli spawns when you take it out. Usually that starts damaging the vehicle though until it starts smoking.

In all honesty, the whole thing is a big kludge, and I really would prefer to fix it rather than hack something like this in.

I meant the other way around: leave the trigger for the mechanic where it is, and change where the heli spawns. If the problem is caused by a vehicle the engine treats as a "boat" being on land, that may solve it.

Are you going to incorporate the content from "Ultor Exposed" with "Tera Patrick" and her "Temptress"!

It's not possible.. We have no way to convert meshes and textures yet.

Back