Gentlemen of the Row

You shouldn't need to make a new save. Old vanilla saves will automatically unlock it. At least every save that I tried worked that way.

I bought a digital copy of SR2 on Amazon with some extra giftcard balance I had. It uses steam to launch,but doesn't seem to use GoTR or Powertools. Do the mods only work with copies bought directly from steam?

Digital Amazon copies of SR2 activate on Steam. They are no different from buying them directly. It sounds more like you didn't install them correctly.

Hmm that is odd. I installed the GoTR by using the "Create_Custom_GotR_v1.9" selecting the mods I wanted and copied the files to my SR2 folder. Did the same with power tools,but no matter what I set the speed at it never changed. Haven't had any crashing issues,but not getting this running it kind of bumming me out.

GotR:
So you moved the 3 files it created (patch.vpp_pc, preload.tbl, and preload_anim.tbl) to your SR2 install folder where the exe is and replaced the existing one? Post the full path where you put them.

Powertools:
You extracted the 4 files to your SR2 install folder where the exe is, right clicked on install.cmd, and chose Run as Administrator? Did you choose the auto version with the new beta? If not, you also have to edit powertools.ini and manually set your timescale. Also, did you install the latest Direct X libraries? Does pressing your scroll lock key toggle the OSD on and off?

Ok yea,stupid me. Was my fault. When I downloaded the game from amazon it made a folder on my desktop with some of the game files that was meant for before installation. So yea completely wrong place,user error on my part. And yes,I am DshizNit on the steam forum that asked the same question. XD Sorry,I just really want to run this game on pc with mods. Me and a friend want to play co-op but he's waiting untill I get it running first.

It unlocks automatically. Are you sure you're looking in the right place? It should be in the suburbs in the NW part of the map.
Oh , I see it now . I didn't know it unlocks automatically so I was just looking for unsold cribs on the map . Thanks a lot :p

Ok yea,stupid me. Was my fault. When I downloaded the game from amazon it made a folder on my desktop with some of the game files that was meant for before installation. So yea completely wrong place,user error on my part. And yes,I am DshizNit on the steam forum that asked the same question. XD Sorry,I just really want to run this game on pc with mods. Me and a friend want to play co-op but he's waiting untill I get it running first.

No worries. Glad to hear you got it all figured out. Let me know if you run into any other issues. :)

I think you must make a new game to have it. I had the same trouble when I installed GoTR and load old saves. So I started new game and now it work correctly. If you do not want start new game I can upload my save. I have 90% :cool:.
Thank you :D I'd like to enjoy your save ,you're so kind

Back