Daedalus, Thermopoly and Stag in endgame

Status
Not open for further replies.
sofar everything works as intended. The changes take effect only after the endgame. I have encountered no crashes or bugs so far, evenin coop.

We still need variations though, some people like the zombie island and the statue destroyed, while they want the thermoplyae repaired and the deadalus hovering. Others just want the Daedalus hovering and the rest of the game as is.

I think main focus should now lay on compability with a mission replay. But that is far beyond my capabilities.
This was my first mod ever for Saints Row afterall. Never modded any Saints Row game before.:D

We still need variations though, some people like the zombie island and the statue destroyed, while they want the thermoplyae repaired and the deadalus hovering. Others just want the Daedalus hovering and the rest of the game as is.

I sure offered variation in the post before yours (meaning you get at least three files to choose from?), and it's rather trivial to edit any of that with a text editor. Since this is just a lua (text) file in the game folder, it's about the easiest form of modding. No unpacking, repacking, or even dreadful asm-updating required. And Notepad++ is free :).

So wait, are you not going to work on spawns for the vtols, or did you somehow get those working?

Pardon me if I missed this, but which VTOLs? The ones in the park or the ones in the mil. base or the ones on the daedalus or...
Or do you mean spawning enemy-occupied VTOLs and other enemies at the daedalus?

So wait, are you not going to work on spawns for the vtols, or did you somehow get those working?
I didnt get these working, no matter what I edited, either I dont get it, or the game wont accept the changes. In this case I am really hoping for a miracle, or a struck of lightning which magically tells me what to do.
Until then I keep trying things that pop into my mind, but I doubt I get it workng anytime soon.:(

The VTOLs in the park already spawn, they are controlled by a different code. We are talking about the Vehicles onboard the Thermopylae and the Daedalus.

Does this work with now with the updated mission replay mod? i.e. Replay that previous mission and we get the VTOLs back spawning?

Im gonna try that, but somehow I cant wrap my head around it. The Vtols in the Park are triggered by the Set_stag_active parameter in the sr3_city.lua. I replayed the daedalus mission with a buddy today in coop, but apart from some temporary changes in the city (no daedalus and the Thermo beeing destroyed and half sunk) until loading a save created after the mission, nothing changed.
Anyway ill try it. Maybe its the combination that makes the change.

Okay, I replayed the mission and I have results, not those I intended or hoped to get, but the ones I got are quite suprising.
First of I removed all other mods, the nude mod, weapon mods, car customisation mod and the Nyte Blade and Cyrus outfit mod.
I loaded a savegame which already had the daedalus and the Thermopylae sitting around the city and I was wearing the Nyte Blade outfit. I suspected that the game would crash while loading, because some files are missing, but suprisingly it did not.:eek: I was capable of selecting the Nyte blade outfit in my wardrobe, change clothes to a different outfit and back, no problem. checked my customised cars which are actually non customisable, no crash, all loaded fine. Then I started the mission Stag film. Intro cutscene did not load and the screen remained black, but after aborting the mission and selecting retry I skipped the cutscene and was straight into the action.
Succeeded in the mission and finished it, cutscene played properly (still wearing the outfit):D and once I got back into the game world, the daedalus was gone. It simply dissappeard and all the changes which where made by modding the sr3_city.lua for the replay mission mod regarding the daedalus where gone. Only the Thermopylae was still sitting safe and sound in the water. All other changes back to vanilla endgame state. My outfit did not dissappear though.

Playing the mission again and then aborting it had the same effect. Daedalus is gone.
Different was, that this time the opening cutscene played flawlessly and the VTOL I flew from the Saints HQ to the mission start did not despawn. I dont know if they despawn in a vanilla game or not though.

Using my Sr3_city.lua had the same effects strangely. Even though the Daedalus is supposed to be there after the Stag Film mission, it was gone. Can someone confirm that? I have a strange feeling its something my savegames affect.

Edit: was using the wrong Sr3_city.lua. Testing with mine actually did something. If I finish the mission the Daedalus and all the changes take effect as the Sr3_city.lua specified. But aborting the mission, removes the Daedalus and all the changes which are specified, even if the changes where in effect already. That means, if I want after endgame changes, I finish the mission, if I want to revert everything back, I abort the mission.

s3_city.lua is a core part of the mission replay mod. If you remove it and use your own then many of the missions will not work correctly because they are trying to call a function that no longer exists; world_state_magic()

My advice if you want to use both would be to merge your additions from the main function of sr3_city.lua into the mission replay version. This way, on save load everything will be forced to populate the way you want. Replaying missions would change that again, but they would revert back to your zones on next save load. You may have to map out everything though in your main function. You can look at each if then block in magic_world_state to see what the different zone swaps are and pick the set that you want.

Well actually everything works as I wanted it from the beginning. And since the mission replay mod overwrites my mod, I think I should leave it like that. Like I said before, Ill try around getting STAG vehicles to spawn onboard the Daedalus and the Thermopylae in free roam, the rest is working as intended until now. Ill see what comes around.

I'm a little confused by this part of the file:

-- Gameplay Choice IDs -
-- these should match values from level_scripts.cpp
MISSION_06_CHOICE = 0
MISSION_22_CHOICE = 1
MISSION_21_CHOICE = 2
M06_CHOICE_BLOWN_TOWER = true;
M06_CHOICE_BRANDED_TOWER = false;
M22_CHOICE_KILLBANE_KILL = true;
M22_CHOICE_KILLBANE_ESCAPE = false;
M21_CHOICE_KILLBANE_UNMASKED = true;
M21_CHOICE_KILLBANE_NOT_UNMASKED = false;

I'd like all my choices to remain the way they are. Is there a way to keep my own chioces?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back