Custom Radio Stations Guide

I've recovered my packed_codebooks.bin file and placed it in the correct folder. I've also changed my command to include the .txt where it should be.

I've navigated to the correct directory in the command prompt (that was definitely an issue; I'm unfamiliar with the command prompt and how it works) and it seems some progress has been made but now I have a new error; "could not open song1.wav for reading"

I went back and double-checked the instructions for the Wwise section and actually re-converted every file to be sure I did that right but I can't seem to find a way around this error. Do you know what could cause it? If not then I think I shall give up, but thanks for your help either way. :D

That error indicates a problem that it couldn't find the file, rather than a format issue. Did you turn on show file extensions in Folder View in Control Panel? Since your screenshot was showing the files with a .wav extension and .txt files without one, it might be that your files are actually named something like song1.wav.wav.

Also, I would strongly advise you to stop trying to use the console (command prompt) if you're not familiar/comfortable with it. That way lies madness. The best way to approach is to create a batch file with the commands you want and then just double click it in windows so you can avoid all that nonsense. To create a batch file, all you need to do is create a new text document and then change the .txt extension to .bat. Afterwards, right clicking on your new batch file will give you the option to Edit and you can add your commands in Notepad, just like a text file. Once again, it's extremely important that you first turn off the "Hide File Extensions for Known Types" option in folder view in control panel.

Hello,

I've decided to try this out again, and so far, I seem to be on the verge of success.

Step 19 has me stumped though. I don't really understand the description of what to do, and how to do it. Do I need to make a new command file? What do I type in where? I tried filling in file locations in the quotations, but it is giving me the error, "Directory name is invalid", and crashes. Could somebody please give some specific instructions for a command line newbie?

Also, my gibbed files are named "Gibbed.RedFaction3.PackVPP", instead of "Gibbed.SaintsRow3.PackVPP". Could this be an issue?

Hello,

I've decided to try this out again, and so far, I seem to be on the verge of success.

Step 19 has me stumped though. I don't really understand the description of what to do, and how to do it. Do I need to make a new command file? What do I type in where? I tried filling in file locations in the quotations, but it is giving me the error, "Directory name is invalid", and crashes. Could somebody please give some specific instructions for a command line newbie?

Also, my gibbed files are named "Gibbed.RedFaction3.PackVPP", instead of "Gibbed.SaintsRow3.PackVPP". Could this be an issue?

First of all, you are using the wrong binaries. Just download the latest revised build that Minimaul released that only has the Saints Row tools with fixes and not the Red Faction tools:
http://www.saintsrowmods.com/forum/index.php?threads/gibbed-tools.639/

The batch file is something you have to fill in the path to your files yourself. Let's say that you extracted your original soundboot archive and overwrote with your new files in c:\extracted_soundboot, and gibbed's tools are in c:\tools, and you want to output your files to c:\output. The batch file would look like this:
"c:\tools\Gibbed.SaintsRow3.PackVPP" "C:\output\soundboot.vpp_pc" "C:\extracted_soundboot\soundboot.vpp_pc"

First of all, you are using the wrong binaries. Just download the latest revised build that Minimaul released that only has the Saints Row tools with fixes and not the Red Faction tools:
http://www.saintsrowmods.com/forum/index.php?threads/gibbed-tools.639/

The batch file is something you have to fill in the path to your files yourself. Let's say that you extracted your original soundboot archive and overwrote with your new files in c:\extracted_soundboot, and gibbed's tools are in c:\tools, and you want to output your files to c:\output. The batch file would look like this:
"c:\tools\Gibbed.SaintsRow3.PackVPP" "C:\output\soundboot.vpp_pc" "C:\extracted_soundboot\soundboot.vpp_pc"

Thanks for the reply.

I followed what you specified, and successfully re-packed the soundboot file. Unfortunately, it seems that it doesn't affect anything in-game, as I still get the old radio music. Everything is where is should be, so I don't know what went wrong.

I tried to restart the entire process, just to make sure, and now I can not get the bnk_pc_packer file to create both a .bnk_pc, AND a .mbnk_pc file. the command line complains that it cannot open my custom .wav files "for reading". This confuses me as they were created successfully before without issue...

Before I use this, is it possible to replace the main menu theme? I would find it cool to replace the main menu theme to 'David Banner - Saints Row'. Not that I don't like the default theme though.

I'm getting a 404 error on ToadKing's github account, does anyone know if there's a mirror for bnk_pc_extractor and bnk_pc_packer?

Hey! So I've gone through the whole process, everything worked as intended. I have a curious problem though. I've replaced all of the songs on The Blood. After my new custom song plays, there is a very long period of silence. Then the ad/radio chatter kicks in after a minute or two and the next song plays. I've edited the length of the songs correctly, down to the millisecond.

As well, the length of the silence combined with the length of my custom song is far longer than any of the original tracks would have been.

I can't for the life of me figure out why this is. Any suggestions? Thanks for a great guide by the way!

I get silence sometimes too, but nowhere near as long as that. The most I had was maybe 10 seconds or so. You did edit the xtbl files for the stations and change the time in there, right?

Back