Community Modding Wishlist

• Modding SDK tutorials straight out of the box and a script converter that can convert stuff like Java and GML to whatever scripting language Saints Row uses.
  • User friendly SDK
  • Player variable/stat modification (Like modifying the jump height and such)
  • *Creating new weapon IDs/Handles (I mean this eventually has to get done)
  • Free pizza
  • Gang Customization via Character customizer (In the SDK I'd like an editor that creates gang styles, and I'd also like to choose the color of my gang too.)
  • Super power template
  • Vehicle variable/stat modification (Perhaps your new vehicle explodes in one hit and has really huge explosions?)
  • Particle editor (Gonna make some snazzy super powers)
  • Pizza variable/stat modification (Pepperoni density, cheese density, chewing difficulty, etc)
  • Placing item spawns in open world (So I can add a pizza spawner that spawns edible pizza that gives you super powers in cribs and in some areas around the open world)
  • Object rigging (Vehicle doors, vehicle wheels, character animations, scenery animations like spinning signs, etc.)
  • PNG import for textures in some cases (Custom shirts)
  • Shader map editing (Maybe I want a certain color in the color pallet to have a glowing effect or bumpmapping or specular mapping, etc.)

• Modding SDK tutorials straight out of the box and a script converter that can convert stuff like Java and GML to whatever scripting language Saints Row uses.
  • User friendly SDK
  • Player variable/stat modification (Like modifying the jump height and such)
  • *Creating new weapon IDs/Handles (I mean this eventually has to get done)
  • Free pizza
  • Gang Customization via Character customizer (In the SDK I'd like an editor that creates gang styles, and I'd also like to choose the color of my gang too.)
  • Super power template
  • Vehicle variable/stat modification (Perhaps your new vehicle explodes in one hit and has really huge explosions?)
  • Particle editor (Gonna make some snazzy super powers)
  • Pizza variable/stat modification (Pepperoni density, cheese density, chewing difficulty, etc)
  • Placing item spawns in open world (So I can add a pizza spawner that spawns edible pizza that gives you super powers in cribs and in some areas around the open world)
  • Object rigging (Vehicle doors, vehicle wheels, character animations, scenery animations like spinning signs, etc.)
  • PNG import for textures in some cases (Custom shirts)
  • Shader map editing (Maybe I want a certain color in the color pallet to have a glowing effect or bumpmapping or specular mapping, etc.)
agree with everything!
FREE PIZZAAAAAAAaaaaaaa~

agree with everything!
FREE PIZZAAAAAAAaaaaaaa~
FREEEEEEEEEE PIZZZAAAAAAAAAAAaaaaaaaaa

Gentlemen of the Dominatrix now including
  • Free Super powers
  • Free pancakes
  • Free Pizzaaaa

Ontopic: Here's some new s*** I want.

-City map editor for Saints Row 2 and 3 and 4 (And 1 when it's released for PC or re-created in an HD Remake, maybe Saints Row 2 PC will get the console DLC and some improved performance... :p)

-Creating new cribs

-Total conversion/Massive tweak capable
So features like being able to customize fighting styles can be brought back to Saints Row 3 and things like a marker at the airport allowing you to travel back and forth to Stilwater and Steelport can be implemented aswell. A fan updated Stilwater would be kickass.

-Adding new pedestrians to the spawnlist
So you take that character customizer and apply it to pedestrians! Skinny red skinned pink haired women wearing space helmets with mustaches.
Maybe we can configure money drops too?

Edit: Forgot "Aswell"

what i also want in a mod (sorry guys im a lazy F**Ker) is the upgrades in-game are free and i can skip the quests and missions to be the ultimate baddass.
(part of the reason i love 3 is because i LIKE being an op mofo) shouldnt be too hard idol right?? :3

Red Faction: Guerrilla Support for the Modding SDK
That game was so cool, technology would progress and enemies would get better weaponry, that should be expanded upon in a mod. Also a reset building button would be nice.
Maybe an extra sector, I could draw concept art.

For Saints Row The Third, there should be a mod that changes the camera movement of sprinting to match Red Faction: Guerrilla.

Also was RFG on the SR3 engine??

Red Faction: Guerrilla Support for the Modding SDK
That game was so cool, technology would progress and enemies would get better weaponry, that should be expanded upon in a mod. Also a reset building button would be nice.
Maybe an extra sector, I could draw concept art.

For Saints Row The Third, there should be a mod that changes the camera movement of sprinting to match Red Faction: Guerrilla.

Volition no longer own the rights to Red Faction :(

No, but a good deal of the people who worked on the RFG engine also worked on the SR3 engine, so there are some similarities. The object system and prop blocks jump instantly to mind. I'm not 100% sure where the original roots are, but I believe that SR1 and RFG had a common ancestor. RFG took a LONG time to make for obvious reasons.

Volition no longer own the rights to Red Faction :(
I feel like crying :'C
Wait who bought it? Is it the same people who have Freespace and Descent?
No, but a good deal of the people who worked on the RFG engine also worked on the SR3 engine, so there are some similarities. The object system and prop blocks jump instantly to mind. I'm not 100% sure where the original roots are, but I believe that SR1 and RFG had a common ancestor. RFG took a LONG time to make for obvious reasons.
I wonder how easy your tools are to use

Alright here's some mod ideas:
***Saints Row 2 ideas
**The ability to put random objects in your vehicle's trunk, same with pedestrians! So you can fill your car up with a set number of objects and then drive to a pawn shop and sell the objects/improvised weapons for cash, like in APB Reloaded.
Here's some reference video, my steam friendo made this video on it. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LMptc7ngsy

Now with pedestrians, it would be an alternate version of Hostage where the pedestrian cannot escape no matter what, but you won't get as much cash, like ALOT less, and you get no notoriety when you activate it.
Now you'd have to press a button to activate this alternative hostage diversion like usual, but when standing at the trunk you'd press the reload button, this is so when you stuff a pedestrian into a car and then hijack it you won't get a crash due to having 2 diversions activated at the same time.
Also this is good for pushbacks, have a human shield in the trunk for that special occasion lol.

Oh and maybe you would get ammo from opening the trunks of certain vehicles like S.W.A.T. Vans, and get money by opening Titan Vans.

**Titans spew cash upon explosion like in Saints Row 1
A popular money making method from Saints Row 1 was snatching a Titan, storing it in your garage, blowing it up with pipe bombs, then repairing and retrieving, rinse and repeat.
But I think it would be really interesting to tweak that so it's a one time thing, blow it up once and you cannot retrieve it, now this would ~only~ apply to the Titan, now you may be wondering how that would conflict with opening up the trunk of the Titan, opening up the trunk and then blowing it up would probably get you more money! Good thing I caught that.
Opening the trunk of the titan would be an ~Alternative method~, blowing it up would give much more money, but maybe you would wanna keep it for pushbacks.
But what would happen if an enemy blows it up?
This sounds like it would be really difficult to script, you'd need a Player Damage command and an Enemy Damage command, so if the player damages it with pipebombs it will be permanently blown up, but if an enemy blows it up you can repair and retrieve...

**Drugs and alcohol restored
How about a mod that brings back the super punch and damage resistance effects, and brings back the items from Saints Row 1 like the Cognac and the bubbly and the gin in the juice, zippity boppity puddin pop, dun diddly JELL-O PUDDIN POP.
This would be really cool.

**Bonus for purple clothing
In Saints Row 1 you got a bonus for having purple clothes, I think. Because you were wearing your gang color.

***Saints Row 5 suggestions and ideas (Lol offtopic)
**Body customization (The shape of your arms, the length of individual fingers, I wanna be as malformed as possible in videogames that allow for char-gen.)
**Nipple piercings
**Ankle bracelet section
**Please bring back piercing sections like Ears, Nose, etc... Instead of having them all in one menu
**Please bring back Fighting Styles and maybe allow me to customize the animations of my attacks, I could draw a concept of what exactly I mean. It's similar to editing a special move in the move maker in certain Tony Hawk games.
**Sub gangs (There would be 4 Main gangs, The Third Street Saints, ____, ____, ____, and then a bunch of small time gangs, think of it like Divisions and Activities, Activities are marked on your map, and divisions are little insignificant fun things you can do while on the fly. Small sub gangs would appear in random areas in the map, sometimes they attack you, and sometimes they are kind of helpful, like maybe they have a beef with one of your enemies and they kill the lieutenants in a pushback for you, but that would be rare.)
**Enemy gang territory being attacked by other opposing gangs on random
Since your territory gets attacked, why don't they attack other gang territory?
**Sending Saints to attack enemy territory, forcing the enemy to take part in their own pushback activity.
**Special NPCs (Think of the special NPCs in the Hitman activity, they're rare NPCs.)

My only one wish would be a less "buff"/more feminine female body/skeleton.

LoL. My only wish would be for a more buff and over the top feminine female body . But, I can concede
your point as tastes vary when it comes to fantastical game stuff.

I would also like to add this in case Volition is still reading.
I hope they not worry TOO much about how modding the game on the PC side with the tools you manage to get to us,
impacts the NETWORK game play between clients for those that choose to play co-op.

Let the community figure that out. Someone can manage to create a 'pack' that would be 'network co--op safe' and
there is no need to distract you , Volition, from creating and assembling helpful tools to allow for more creative freedom.

I think most of us that play the PC version, the modded version anyway, of these games mostly play solo anyway.
I don't know that though, just presume so really.

The only other thing I can contribute at this thread is:
If possible configure the PC version so that all MODS to the game can point to a MOD sub directory tree to limit
confusion as much as possible and just to keep things 'simple' stupid. (KISS).
If not able to do with SR3 maybe an idea for potential SR4 SDK and mods for that.

Sorry if that was addressed already.

Back