Saints Row 2 Any chance for better audio quality?

I've got a list of stuff to get figured out before we can make any promises. There's a lot of feasibility questions to answer... but once we get the core functionality we want to deliver it'll be easy to get the rest. This one's on the list but it's a completely different set of tools to figure out, and we're working now on what is most accessible and current. Once we get an SRTT or SRIV solution we'll likely be able to figure this out.

In short, unfortunately, no real update. I really don't think this one will be a huuuuge hurdle once we get to it, if it's any consolation.

Not to pry but once you work your way back from SRIV to SRTT then to SR2, is SR2 going to be pulled apart and fixed such as the audio bugs for one, cutscene bug, controls bug and the stuttering/hanging when driving bug? I know you said not all the programmers who developed SR2 still work at Volition but it was said that if you guys find your source files it'd be easy peasy to go back and fix any major issues and I dread to ask if you've had any success finding those slippery little source files? Also, do you guys still have the original audio files for SR2? If not I don't see why they couldn't be pulled from a different version of the game such as the PS3 or Xbox 360 versions, PS3 being the easiest since it's just a bunch of packaged files anyone can gain access to via a Blu-Ray drive.

OFF TOPIC: Can I ask a personal question, Ellix? If so; Would you ever want to make another Saints Row game just like SR2? Cause it was a masterpiece, one of the only games to make me want to weep like a little girl and make me feel like a total badass because of the super amazing story, then next comes Sleeping Dogs, gameplay was good but the story is what drove it home, though nothing beats SR2 gameplay to me.

I ask a lot of questions, I know, please don't shoot me.

Last edited:
Agree the Saints Row 2 story and game play are awesome. Add in a friend and it's easily one of the top co-op games out there. It's a blast pure and simple. ;)
Co-op is absolutely the best, it's insanely hilarious too, I still have way more fun playing Saints Row 2 co-op than I do playing GTA V online. The insurance fraud missions with the bulldozer in co-op is one of my favorite past times, you can get the other player to soar a few hundred feet in the air if not more. I honestly find it the best co-op experience of all time, no other game has come close for me, honorable mentions are SR3, GTA V and Garry's Mod (Even though it's not really a co-op game, it's some of the best fun online non-competitively.).

Co-op is absolutely the best, it's insanely hilarious too, I still have way more fun playing Saints Row 2 co-op than I do playing GTA V online. The insurance fraud missions with the bulldozer in co-op is one of my favorite past times, you can get the other player to soar a few hundred feet in the air if not more. I honestly find it the best co-op experience of all time, no other game has come close for me, honorable mentions are SR3, GTA V and Garry's Mod (Even though it's not really a co-op game, it's some of the best fun online non-competitively.).

I love riding around in the bulldozer scoop and shooting people while my partner drives around. Good times. :)

I love riding around in the bulldozer scoop and shooting people while my partner drives around. Good times. :)
This.^
I always found that insanely fun, that and RPG deathmatches, the Rocket Launcher will surprisingly flip most vehicles with the melee randomly too, so it's pretty funny to melee a vehicle and watch it flip on top of the other player or melee the vehicle they're driving. Ever have a bike race up the side of the sky scrapers? It's pretty funny t-boning your friend and watching him fall to his death three quarters of the way up the sky scraper.

This.^
I always found that insanely fun, that and RPG deathmatches, the Rocket Launcher will surprisingly flip most vehicles with the melee randomly too, so it's pretty funny to melee a vehicle and watch it flip on top of the other player or melee the vehicle they're driving. Ever have a bike race up the side of the sky scrapers? It's pretty funny t-boning your friend and watching him fall to his death three quarters of the way up the sky scraper.

Ha, yeah. I loved wall riding in coop up the sides of buildings. :D

One of our favorite past times was hitting the mall. One player would hang out at the bottom by the fountain, and yell "PULL!" Then the other would throw peds off the third floor and the first guy would try to shoot them on the way down. We used to call it "human skeet shooting." Great fun. :D

Yes I cannot wait till the devs can tackle Saints Row 2. ;)

We should continue this discussion to an awesome co-op tips and stories thread. :D

As next time I am in co-op.... Time to go back to the Mall. :cool:

Ha, yeah. I loved wall riding in coop up the sides of buildings. :D

One of our favorite past times was hitting the mall. One player would hang out at the bottom by the fountain, and yell "PULL!" Then the other would throw peds off the third floor and the first guy would try to shoot them on the way down. We used to call it "human skeet shooting." Great fun. :D

I thought I was the only one that did Human Duck Hunts, never thought about doing it in the mall, gives me some ideas though. I also completely agree with Crow, that thread needs to happen yesterday, it should appropriately be called: "How to kill time in Saints Row 2 Co-Op + Stories" bam, done. I have too many stories to list and I fear I unwittingly derailed this thread.

I've got a list of stuff to get figured out before we can make any promises. There's a lot of feasibility questions to answer... but once we get the core functionality we want to deliver it'll be easy to get the rest. This one's on the list but it's a completely different set of tools to figure out, and we're working now on what is most accessible and current. Once we get an SRTT or SRIV solution we'll likely be able to figure this out.

In short, unfortunately, no real update. I really don't think this one will be a huuuuge hurdle once we get to it, if it's any consolation.

any update yet? :eek:

Back