All New Character Customization

Download the damn files I uploaded for you you ungrateful swine, tell me if they work.
JK i love you
Thought you were serious for a second there, haha. Yeah I did like you said, deleted everything and verified, then only added your two files, and it seems to work. What now? Just start readding the other mods until it breaks again?

By the way, what do those two files of yours include? Are they GoS and this mod combined?

Yeah it breaks again as soon as I add any files like .asm_pc or .str2_pc. I've been reading on these forums and I'm 99% sure I could fix it if I just update the asm files, but I don't know how. Somebody in another thread had the exact same issue as me, and someone replied

...you need to update your asm_pc files, which involves downloading the Gibbed tools in the Tools Releases forum and figuring out the method of running the updater which I am afraid I do not recall offhand. If you need help with it, it's probably explained in the thread.

I went to that thread and I could not figure it out. You have to "write a batch file" in order to do that, which I don't know how to do. This process was so easy for SR4 with that one miracle tool, stream2update, and without it for SR3, I have no idea what to do. This is the thread I ended up at, I don't get it. Seriously, if I could just "update the asm_pc files" I could be playing right now...

http://www.saintsrowmods.com/forum/threads/saints-row-the-third-modding-basics.597/

Yeah it breaks again as soon as I add any files like .asm_pc or .str2_pc. I've been reading on these forums and I'm 99% sure I could fix it if I just update the asm files, but I don't know how. Somebody in another thread had the exact same issue as me, and someone replied

...you need to update your asm_pc files, which involves downloading the Gibbed tools in the Tools Releases forum and figuring out the method of running the updater which I am afraid I do not recall offhand. If you need help with it, it's probably explained in the thread.

I went to that thread and I could not figure it out. You have to "write a batch file" in order to do that, which I don't know how to do. This process was so easy for SR4 with that one miracle tool, stream2update, and without it for SR3, I have no idea what to do. This is the thread I ended up at, I don't get it. Seriously, if I could just "update the asm_pc files" I could be playing right now...

http://www.saintsrowmods.com/forum/threads/saints-row-the-third-modding-basics.597/

If you want I can build it for you. PM me or something with your GOS patches and rars/zips of the mods you want integrated as well as the selections you want in the customizer, ill see what i can do.

Hey Vid. I decided to finish SR3 before starting SR4 when I got it on the recent Steam sale. I installed more or less the same mods as you did and was also stuck on the loading screen. What I did to fix this was to:
  1. Overwrite the customize_player.asm_pc in the ASM_Updater\game_original_ASM_files folder with the file from the mod
  2. Place the .str2_pc files in Character Customizer v1.4\Your_Character_Mods_Here folder, and
  3. Place the GoS .vpp_pc files in the Character Customizer v1.4\Your_Patch_Here folder.

I ran Character_Customization v1.4.bat, put the .vpp_pc files in \packfiles\pc\cache, and then ran Update_ASM_Files - after REMOVAL of a mod file.bat. This resolved my issue. Hopes this helps.

Thanks for your help onion, followed what you did but unfortunately it did not work for me. I've tried everything I can think of and I can't get it to work. The stupid thing is, I've used this mod for SR3 before and I never had to do any ASM updating or anything like that, drag and drop and play. The main difference is that I never used GoS in the past, so I'm thinking of just axing that, it's the only thing left that I haven't done, and the main difference between now, where it doesn't work, and playing SR3 in the past, where this mod worked fine.

Thanks for your help onion, followed what you did but unfortunately it did not work for me. I've tried everything I can think of and I can't get it to work. The stupid thing is, I've used this mod for SR3 before and I never had to do any ASM updating or anything like that, drag and drop and play. The main difference is that I never used GoS in the past, so I'm thinking of just axing that, it's the only thing left that I haven't done, and the main difference between now, where it doesn't work, and playing SR3 in the past, where this mod worked fine.

Try building without GOS. If it works without GOS then you need to build the GOS patch differently. Make sure you arent selecting any of the weapon modifications in GOS. In all truthiness GOS is mega out of date so I only use it for the COOP-Compatible stuff which hasnt really been updated as well as small tweaks like the spectre speed and homies in a bulldog mod. See if it works without GOS.

Yeah I removed everything and then added the mods again but without GoS, but it still didn't work. I clean installed again after that and didn't install GoS or this mod, and once again it works fine, so it clearly is this mod that's causing the problems. The installation instructions for this mod aren't that good IMO, exactly which files do I put in Your_Character_Mods_Here and Your_Patch_Here? Only my .str2_pc in the former and the compressed and uncompressed patches in the latter? Do my .asm_pc go anywhere? Do I need to run asm updater after? Do I have to add my .asm_pc files to the asm updater somewhere? Sorry for all the questions, but it's just discouraging at this point, it shouldn't be this hard.

Edit-Yeah I just DLed even more mods, and everything's running great when I don't have this mod installed. Unfortunately this is one of if not the coolest mod for SR3... :(

Last edited:
Yeah I removed everything and then added the mods again but without GoS, but it still didn't work. I clean installed again after that and didn't install GoS or this mod, and once again it works fine, so it clearly is this mod that's causing the problems. The installation instructions for this mod aren't that good IMO, exactly which files do I put in Your_Character_Mods_Here and Your_Patch_Here? Only my .str2_pc in the former and the compressed and uncompressed patches in the latter? Do my .asm_pc go anywhere? Do I need to run asm updater after? Do I have to add my .asm_pc files to the asm updater somewhere? Sorry for all the questions, but it's just discouraging at this point, it shouldn't be this hard.

Edit-Yeah I just DLed even more mods, and everything's running great when I don't have this mod installed. Unfortunately this is one of if not the coolest mod for SR3... :(

IDK what to tell you, it worked fine on my setup under your configuration. Sounds like you'll have to live without totally cool tattoos and freckles and shit.

Yeah it's looking like that's the case, unfortunately. But when you install this mod, what files do you move to the two folders I mentioned, Character Mods and Your Patch? The two patch files, and the str2 files, and that's it? Do you have to run ASM updater as well?

Yeah it's looking like that's the case, unfortunately. But when you install this mod, what files do you move to the two folders I mentioned, Character Mods and Your Patch? The two patch files, and the str2 files, and that's it? Do you have to run ASM updater as well?

I put everything thats part of the mod into the character mods folder. That includes the xbtl and all those weird files, the only things I dont include from mod are the readmes and the optional folders which could potentially mess up the build.

The only thing that goes into your patch here is the two GOS patch files.

Back