All New Character Customization

GoS, Shitface's Weapon Rebalance 3.5.3, Shiny Clothes for MC, ComradeJK's nude mod, Removed Hair Restrictions by Kibaistheman, and this mod. Installed in that order. I used Winmerge to merge the customization_items.xtbl of two of the mods, don't know if it worked but it loaded fine, before I added this mod. Does that help?

Your best option is to build the customization patch without half of the mod's files in the folder, see if it works then keep putting back in mod files until it breaks again. Then you'll know the culprit. If you cant live without the mod thats breaking it tell me what it is and ill see if i cant find out whats going wrong.

PS--I've heard bad things about shiny's mod, hair restrictions mod isnt that great because it can cause clipping all over the damn place and in most places looks bad so id suggest removing those files from the folder first.

Thanks for your continued help. I built the mod with nothing in the Mods folder, still doesn't work. I removed both the other mods you mentioned as well, still doesn't work. But before I installed this, everything was fine. I've modded SR3 before and I've modded SR4 as well, so I don't get it, it shouldn't be this hard.

Just a thought, I don't think I used GoS when I modded SR3 before. Does it work okay with this mod? Are there typically problems since they change the same files? The patch ones?

Hey, is this all you did to make your game work? Nothing else? Because for me this mod doesn't play nice with other mods, and as soon as I add it, my game doesn't load. I have my patch_compressed and patch_uncompressed generated by GoS in the Your_Patch_Here folder, and all my mod files in my base SR3 game folder in the Your_Character_Mods_Here folder except for the customize_player.asm_pc file, which I did not include as you said, and yet when I use the patch files generated by this mod - boom, game doesn't work anymore. Any ideas? Or from the mod author? Thanks.
GoS, Shitface's Weapon Rebalance 3.5.3, Shiny Clothes for MC, ComradeJK's nude mod, Removed Hair Restrictions by Kibaistheman, and this mod. Installed in that order. I used Winmerge to merge the customization_items.xtbl of two of the mods, don't know if it worked but it loaded fine, before I added this mod. Does that help?
-erased-
Getting stuck on loading screen or in any of the menus is most likely the cause of one of your assembler files not being up-to-date.

Last edited:
Thanks for your continued help. I built the mod with nothing in the Mods folder, still doesn't work. I removed both the other mods you mentioned as well, still doesn't work. But before I installed this, everything was fine. I've modded SR3 before and I've modded SR4 as well, so I don't get it, it shouldn't be this hard.

Just a thought, I don't think I used GoS when I modded SR3 before. Does it work okay with this mod? Are there typically problems since they change the same files? The patch ones?

What Miku said.

ALSO!~

Delete everything in your saints row folder except the huge vppc and cutscene files. After doing that revalidate your files through steam for the game so the install is clean. You wont lose your saves and revalidation should take about 5 minutes as long as you keep the 500+ MB files intact. See if that helps. I truly believe playing without this mod would make the experience worse, especially if you like the crazy customization options.

If you like I can mirror my own patch files and you can try them to see if you're fucking up somewhere or if the whole mod in general isnt working for you.
EDIT: I did that

If you try them make sure to wipe out your installation first, verify the cache and get it cleaned up then put only those two files into your SR3Dir/packfiles/pc/cache folder backing up the ones they overwrite, be sure to tell me your results afterwards!

Last edited:
Download Minimaul's Saints Row IV tools and unpack them if you haven't got them yet.
Unpack the packfiles (vpp_pc), then run Stream2Update, so your assemblers (asm_pc) get updated with the right content.
Then repack them.
Getting stuck on loading screen or in any of the menus is most likely the cause of one of your assembler files not being up-to-date.
Thanks, I didn't know you could use that for SR3, I used it for SR4 all the time. I'm not sure how I unpack the packfiles though, which of the tools does that? Also, I think these tools automatically affect my SR4 files when I run them, how do I direct them to run for SR3 instead? Thanks.

Edit-Also, I don't think it's my vanilla game files having a problem, I've clean installed twice to the same effect. This loading screen issue was the exact kind of thing that was solved by stream2update.exe in SR4, I just didn't/don't know how to make it fix SR3 instead of SR4.

Last edited:
Thanks, I didn't know you could use that for SR3, I used it for SR4 all the time. I'm not sure how I unpack the packfiles though, which of the tools does that? Also, I think these tools automatically affect my SR4 files when I run them, how do I direct them to run for SR3 instead? Thanks.

Edit-Also, I don't think it's my vanilla game files having a problem, I've clean installed twice to the same effect. This loading screen issue was the exact kind of thing that was solved by stream2update.exe in SR4, I just didn't/don't know how to make it fix SR3 instead of SR4.
I shouldn't have replied at 3 in the morning I see now... However, the SR:TT version of the tools should work perfectly fine.
All you need to do is to unpack the files using Gibbed's Tools, unpack the packfile, then update the assemblers. Then repack them.
Updating the assemblers requires you to write a batch file though.
I would drop the stream files (str2_pc) and the assemblers in the root with the .exe, then update everything with gameqube's ASM updater - it uses Gibbed's tools, but has batch files that will update all present assemblers. After that's done I would repack them.
Anyways, apologies for my outright stupid mistake, wasn't intended to confuse you here.

Not going to try helping at 3 in the morning ever again... :I

I shouldn't have replied at 3 in the morning I see now... However, the SR:TT version of the tools should work perfectly fine.
All you need to do is to unpack the files using Gibbed's Tools, unpack the packfile, then update the assemblers. Then repack them.
Updating the assemblers requires you to write a batch file though.
I would drop the stream files (str2_pc) and the assemblers in the root with the .exe, then update everything with gameqube's ASM updater - it uses Gibbed's tools, but has batch files that will update all present assemblers. After that's done I would repack them.
Anyways, apologies for my outright stupid mistake, wasn't intended to confuse you here.

Not going to try helping at 3 in the morning ever again... :I
Ok, so move the str2_pc and asm_pc files to the root folder and run that ASM updater, then move them back, and that's it? I'm still not clear on this packing/unpacking stuff. Does gameqube's program do that for me?

Edit-I'm still amazed at how this has become such a huge effort. Normally when I mod Saints games it takes about an hour and then I'm playing. Can someone maybe give me the exact steps I need to do to update my asm files, or whatever it is I need to do? Do I use Gibbed Tools or Gameqube's ASM updater?

Last edited:
Yeah I realized that the str2 and asm files are already in the root folder, so I don't need to move them anywhere. The only files in packfiles/pc/cache are the vpp_pc ones. Anyways, I tried using Gameqube's updater, and it didn't work. Then I tried the Gibbed tools, used both unpack exe's, then the update, then packed again (I assume that's the correct order, I dunno), didn't work either. I'm really tempted to just cut this mod, even though it's probably my favourite out of the ones I have, because everything else seems to work without this one mod...

Yeah I realized that the str2 and asm files are already in the root folder, so I don't need to move them anywhere. The only files in packfiles/pc/cache are the vpp_pc ones. Anyways, I tried using Gameqube's updater, and it didn't work. Then I tried the Gibbed tools, used both unpack exe's, then the update, then packed again (I assume that's the correct order, I dunno), didn't work either. I'm really tempted to just cut this mod, even though it's probably my favourite out of the ones I have, because everything else seems to work without this one mod...

Download the damn files I uploaded for you you ungrateful swine, tell me if they work.
JK i love you

Back