Agents of Mayhem gameplay details!

I find it a little odd that Gamespot is associating a comedic tone with "grade school humour" and a lack of "nuance and subtlety", that doesn't really make sense to me. Just because a piece of media has an overall lighthearted tone, that doesn't prevent it from creating subtle and creative writing, world building, or anything in between.

There is a lot of effort and nuance put into details in order to help make this sort of design work, and I don't recall very many crude jokes in Saints Row 4 if you choose to avoid those elements. Interesting tidbits can fly over peoples heads, but subverts tropes and allows for interesting design and new styles of stories.

Also, adult humour doesn't necessarily mean unintelligent, so I don't get where that came from either. Some of the most intelligent, articulate, and clever writing you can find has come from adult cartoon shows, so I don't see why that juxtaposition isn't possible with games.

I recall there being a lot of "nuance" and "subtlety" if you look at the word definitions, distinct small changes in expression, style, meaning, sound design... Clever indirect forms of writing and presentation... I really appreciate the effort put in despite difficult constraints.

No i'm just wondering even for language, violence, etc will Mayhem go into a DeadPool movie level of mature content or SaintsRow 3/4 level.
Or is it going to start out Rated-M done for the trailers & then the actually slowly tones it all down playing throughout the game to a Rated-T level.

In other words how family friendly is Mayhem ????
I've noticed the trend ever since Saints Row 1 has been more and more toward family friendly, which is very discouraging. Saints Row 1 clearly had the best strippers, if you disregard the more primitive graphics. Saints Row IV cut out a lot, and Gat Out of Hell had nothing to speak of. Based on what I'm seeing, I have little hope for Agents of Mayhem. It looks pretty juvenile from what I've seen.

Tits don't automatically make for a mature tone of art - in fact they frequently work against that perception - but I do understand what you mean. Saints Row 3 had less of the darker story content than 2 had, and it's widely believed that was at THQ's behest. 4 was somewhere between them in tone. IdolNinja's well aware of the change in tone that went on over the years. That said, I have little idea what the tone of AOM is intended to be. As far as I could tell from the one video I watched, it's trending toward the cartoonier feel of the more recent games.

There are only so many houses that you can spray with shit from a truck before it gets old.

Back