Agents of Mayhem gameplay details!

As far as I could tell from the one video I watched, it's trending toward the cartoonier feel of the more recent games.
Which is really disappointing to me.
Really, how do you have Hell & no exotic dancers tempting men or women.
I agree completely. Very watered down.
... it's not about breasts but how SaintsRow has become that saturday morning cartoon.
This is the truth.
There's different ways of being dark & edgy.
I do like SaintsRow:The3rd because watching you can see how TheBoss actually starts showing concern for the population of SteelPort.
I can understand TheBoss & Saints slowly becoming a little friendlier but they don't have to go all PG-13.
I honestly liked Saints Row 3. I didn't mind it was a bit less dark, because it was still edgy, in my opinion. It still had some gritty realism to it. Remember, Johnny Gat died, which was quite a shocker to many. And, there was Safeword, which was very adult. But I liked the nicer boss.
Volition has this trailer with Agent characters swearing like it's gonna be some cartoonish style game with a darker tone to it.
It's single player, shooting badies, swearing, looks like it's edgy.................but there's that appeal to a wider audience thought that comes to mind so PG-13 i'm thinking & even though i don't think i'll get this i'm just wondering how much of Agents will influence future Volition IPs.
It doesn't look edgy at all to me. Swearing doesn't make it edgy. There was plenty of swearing in school when I was a kid. So it's Saturday morning cartoons with potty mouth. That's just juvenile.

They used to be this perfect mix of a realistic open world with adult dark comedy. That's what attracted me to the Saints Row games in the first place. I was okay when they made it less dark. But it's moving in a totally different direction now that doesn't interest me.

Last edited:
Okay,so what do topless strippers have to do with it being a good game or not?

Okay,so what do topless strippers have to do with it being a good game or not?
If you like cartoonish games, I'm sure you'll love it. I just don't. I miss the type of game Volition used to make, and was hoping they'd make more like those.
That's what keeps me interested, the unrealistic style, that's how we get Brutes & zombies, superpowers & aliens.

The unrealistic nature lets Volition expand the Saints Universe so-far, just imagine if the Sons of Samedi had created Zombie Brutes, & The Brotherhood had Brutes with spikes, & if The Ronin had Samurai Brutes with gigantic swords & axes...........OMG it would be freakin awesome!!!!!
While I agree with a lot of you sentiment, this is where you and I diverge. Saints Row started out pretty realistic and then really went totally the other way with Saints Row IV. I didn't mind the Brutes in SR3, but the aliens and superpowers in SR4 killed it for me. That's where it fell down the slippery slope into Saturday morning cartoons, and has been falling ever since.

"Oh what does topless this have to do with that"
"Well Tits doesn't automatically make for a mature tone of art "
"What do topless strippers have to do with anything being good"

No disrespect to anyone that want realism but YAWN!
Yawn?!?! How can you SAY that? I learned about the birds and the bees from Saints Row! I visited my first strip club ever in Saints Row! I visited by first BDSM club in Saints Row! I've become wise to the ways of the world because of Saints Row! How can you trivialize that?!?! :eek:
Saints 3 as the protagonist i felt a little more unique, in Saints 4 it was awesome being abnormal.
I could go wild & not be just some other nut on the street doing something that's been seen a million times by NPCS in that Universe.
The boss in the older Saints Row games led purely by his/her strength of character! That's what impressed me the most. He/she didn't need superpowers. Superpowers don't impress me. That's just a crutch. There are too many superheros already. We need to exterminate all inhumans! Hail Hydra!!!

... sorry -- got carried away... :oops:

I'm not saying go back to Saints Row 1. I do like the comedy. I think Saints Row 3 struck a good balance. But everything after that has just gone too far.

Last edited:
There's 12 Agents, so will it be equal?

6Male & 6Female ?
If so will the additional Agents be a mix of Male/Female keeping the character selection equal?

Or Male dominated ?
I didn't catch that part so i'm asking.
Looking at the released image of all 12 agents, it's an even split.

Looking forward to this although a little disappointed that we don't have character customization but I can deal with that.

The reception in the comments of the different videos is leaving me exceptionally worried.

Nothing but shallow comparisons to other games on service level and saying bad things about the game without explaining why. I'm highly nervous about the marketing.

It would be less frustrating is people would explain why they were criticizing it, but people are so bloody inconsistent and vague about what's wrong with it.

Plus so few people seem to know this game exists, and I can't tell if that's normal or not.

Back