Agents of Mayhem gameplay details!

Too much action and game crashed :p
bandicam 2017-04-07 00-05-51-844.jpg

Too much action and game crashed :p

In case anyone was curious, there was a bug in the demo code (that has since been fixed with the latest build) where nitrous boosting could cause that.

I noticed Daisy's legs glitch out occasionally, especially when one leg is on an elevated platform. Also some npcs look weird with how they do sudden 180 turns, it doesn't seem extremely natural, it's not bad though. I also saw one enemy get caught floating in mid air on top of an exploded piece of tech that fell over, when they jumped over a special attack (I hope the enemies dodge abilities and attacks a lot, that would be really engaging). I think I also saw an assassin enemy get stuck on a roof a little? When playing as Braddock the camera seemed faintly jittery sometimes, I didn't notice this with other characters.

During the battle bot scene, the npcs looked a little bit weird with repeat models and animations, and also how quiet they were, but they otherwise looked quite good and moved fluidly. Is the lack of music just for now or intended for the final mission? You would think a street fight would have a bit more intensity in the atmosphere, even if it's a terrible one that can't afford proper alloys and only bronze substitute.

I just generally hope the NPC's are polished, I really love reactive civilians.

During the deploy menu for a split second the first character you play as pops up in third person before it swaps to the loading screen, might want to adjust that. There was also no landing impact noise when you skydive down.

Will the PC version have any options to minimize pop in? I also noticed a little flickering like at the beginning when the camera goes near the hedge, and on the structural points and vents of certain buildings. I'm not quite sure what the terminology is for the effect, it's some sort of light lining that flickers? I'm sure there is a proper definition for it. It happened a lot on distant buildings and lights, and in the LEGION base at the end near lights and smoke. A sort of faint aliasing? Ahh I don't know the tech term, if anyone knows let me know. I hope the teams able to fix it.

The shadows also looked a little off during the Hammersmith cut scene, a little blurry. But overall the animation looked excellent, very fluid, and I love that it isn't fps capped. I hope the interpolation for the 2D animations is uncapped as well (not the animation itself, hopefully this is the correct terminology), since dropping to 30 fps is really drastic on my 144hz monitor.

The enemies look absolutely amazing, their animations are fantastic, and they move around so intelligently, I love how they communicate and (seem) to be able to follow you with good agility when you climb up buildings or take the elevators. I can't wait to challenge myself in this. Not to mention they seem to have really reactive ragdolls and get affected well by bodily damage, I especially love the twirling ragdoll that happens sometimes when Rama headshots. The game looks absolutely gorgeous. I just hope that the game doesn't get too easy since you can switch agents for full HP.

You should really advertise how fluid and intelligent the AI are, some of the animations, attacks, movements, the vocal coordination, are just fantastic. I can't remember any games that have AI close to this (if anyone knows any oh my gosh tell me).
Will there be any car on car combat?

It's easier to talk about negatives than positives, but there are a lot of positives. I actually really enjoy the writing so far, more than I expected, and the city looks fantastic, plus the driving seems quite fluid and interesting. I also saw a monorail! And that boss fight was freaking great, what a gorgeous arena to fight in.

I do hope there is more music though, it seemed rather empty without it, especially at the ending boss fight and the cutscenes in it. It's weird only hearing sound effects.

I also hope there is some more in depth writing and deeper character development involved, jokes are great, but I hope there is more to it as well. I really like the writing so far, so that's a good sign.

We were playing on PC.

I have a few questions about your upcoming game:
  1. Is there is an ability every of the agents do can collect money pickups from killed L.E.G.I.O.N.'s enemies and normal peds? Also, I'm wonder if the total money is shared between all 12 agents, or every agent have his own personal amount of cash like Grand Theft Auto V, where every of the three separate protalgonists - Franklin Clinton, Michael De Santa and Trevor Phillips have their own separate money amount?
  2. For some reason, some of posted gameplay screens did has shown the HUD elements, like Health and Armor, current active Agent from the squad, and technicals done from the currently active agent during battles, like in Saints Row games, however I still have NOT seen any single screen showing any kind of a radar minimap revealed which to shows Agent's current position on Seoul map? Is there even any kind of minimap at all in this game? If there isn't one during gameplay and the player needs to open the pause menu and go somewhere to can just see his exact position on the map, this would be pretty strange for an open world game...
  3. Is there an option for choose battles' and gameplay's difficulty? I mean to can select various difficulty - from Novice, through Very Easy, Easy, Normal, and reaching to Hard, Very Hard and Hardcore?
  4. Are there in-game shortcut keys for easy switching between the three chosen agents, also to switch between weapon tactics / attacks for each Agent?
  5. Are you planing to show any footage and exploring the map outside the battles?
My only wish to can try out this game once it is released! Also I hope it do runs stable on my PC, and do NOT behave like Saints Row IV! I didn't expected this game to be much broken on my PC as it still suffer random freezes or crashes even outside missions and I stills cannot fully enjoy it (which is shame if I include the workshop support for it). Every other game I'm playing works fine on my PC, most absurdly thing is even the crappy Saints Row 2 PC port runs extremely better with nearly NO crashes compared to Saints Row IV's so frequent random freezes while running. So this why I hope Agents of Mayhem to run better and I can use it as alternative if I cannot fully resolve the random freezes issue with Saints Row IV and I will have no choice but do stop playing this game...

Thanks you if you can answer these questions! :)

Last edited:
But all posted screens from gameplay (including the last ones) there are NO any kind of a PC keyboard controls being shown at all! On all screens there are only an XBOX controller buttons shown which I assume you're playing the XBOX One console version! Please shows something in the recent screens which confirms this is the PC version, and NOT the XBOX One console version...
Lol. They were playing on PC with Xbox controller.

I have a few questions about your upcoming game:
  1. Is there is an ability every of the agents do can collect money pickups from killed L.E.G.I.O.N.'s enemies and normal peds? Also, I'm wonder if the total money is shared between all 12 agents, or every agent have his own personal amount of cash like Grand Theft Auto V, where every of the three separate protalgonists - Franklin Clinton, Michael De Santa and Trevor Phillips have their own separate money amount?
  2. For some reason, some of posted gameplay screens did has shown the HUD elements, like Health and Armor, current active Agent from the squad, and technicals done from the currently active agent during battles, like in Saints Row games, however I still have NOT seen any single screen showing any kind of a radar minimap revealed which to shows Agent's current position on Seoul map? Is there even any kind of minimap at all in this game? If there isn't one during gameplay and the player needs to open the pause menu and go somewhere to can just see his exact position on the map, this would be pretty strange for an open world game...
  3. Is there an option for choose battles' and gameplay's difficulty? I mean to can select various difficulty - from Novice, through Very Easy, Easy, Normal, and reaching to Hard, Very Hard and Hardcore?
  4. Are there in-game shortcut keys for easy switching between the three chosen agents, also to switch between weapon tactics / attacks for each Agent?
  5. Are you planing to show any footage and exploring the map outside the battles?
My only wish to can try out this game once it is released! Also I hope it do runs stable on my PC, and do NOT behave like Saints Row IV! I didn't expected this game to be much broken on my PC as it still suffer random freezes or crashes even outside missions and I stills cannot fully enjoy it (which is shame if I include the workshop support for it). Every other game I'm playing works fine on my PC, most absurdly thing is even the crappy Saints Row 2 PC port runs extremely better with nearly NO crashes compared to Saints Row IV's so frequent random freezes while running. So this why I hope Agents of Mayhem to run better and I can use it as alternative if I cannot fully resolve the random freezes issue with Saints Row IV and I will have no choice but do stop playing this game...

Thanks you if you can answer these questions! :)

1. Legion troops drop money, crafting items, skins etc, just like the loot chests in the game. Peds do not. Money is a shared resource.

2. There is no minimap. Icons on the screen work kind of like Destiny.

3. You choose difficulty when you deploy from the ARK into the open world. There 15 difficulty levels. The higher ones are EXTREMELY hard.

4. On keyboard, left and right arrow keys switch between Agents. If you want to change gadgets, you need to do that in in-game menus.

5. We have a lot of trailers planned, as well as streams that will show more of the open world.

• How reasonable are in-game spending going to be, in other words is it going to end up like SaintsRow 3 & 4 where i was spending money just to get rid of it cause i hit $4million & there was nothing left to buy.

• How easy is a normal difficulty setting.
    Volition isn't trying to pull a DarkSouls 2 on gamers are they, or is normal difficulty setting a normal difficulty setting.

• There's no gigantic golden guideline pointing to a destination is there.

I've never played Destiny so how do the on-screen icons work, & can they be switched off if found annoying .

Also are there tutorial pop ups like Saints 3 & 4, if so can they be skipped or switched off.
  • Are there cheats & if 1 player has cheats on & the other player has cheats off will cheats on effect the other player's game.

• Are there contracts exclusive to online only or will gamers experience all contracts.
  • Will The Season Pass be a reasonable price under $24.99 or even under $29.99.
  • Will the game world be devoid of enemies after the storyline is completed or will it be like Saints 4 giving gamers enemies to challenge.
  • Are there monster truck type vehicles to drive.
  • Can gamers swim.
  • Are there open world activities like GTAV, like golfing, fishing, strip clubs, shooting pool, Go to the Movies, Play Darts, Play Tennis, catch a cab.
  • Can gamers take in-game screenshots or are gamers forced to join the official site
  • Will there be Brutes, zombies, or Genki.
  • Will there be downloadable content for holidays, like halloween, christmas, St. Patrick's Day, Valentine's Day.

We are still working and tweaking progression.

Normal difficulty is challenging, and the game recommends a difficulty based on your stats which you can decide to ignore and go easier or harder if you like. You can make the game incredibly easy or incredibly difficult.

If you select a waypoint on the map, and in missions, there are guides on the road when driving, similar to SRTT, but on the road instead of in mid-air.

The hud cannot be switched off. You can see how it works in the gameplay from our stream yesterday.

Legion will do pushbacks, similar to SR2 and take over outposts and deploy doomsday weapons after crit path. The world will not be devoid of enemies after beating the game.

No monster trucks. No swimming.

We'll be showing off more of the open world later.

PS4 and Xbox One have built-in screenshot capabilities. Steam will just use F12. There is no website upload connected functionality.

We'll be revealing more details about characters and DLC later.

Back