Agents of Mayhem gameplay details!

The Good:
New City Thank god, seriously though fuck Steelport. That city was such a massive waste of potential.
Oleg, Dane, and Pierce return

Actual enemy variety as opposed to the dumpster fire that was SR4
Possible references to the Ronin, Deckers, Brotherhood, and Stilwater PDin the form of the other Agents
Temptress and N-Forcer return

Possibility of partially destructible environments from SR2 making a return
More interiors than SR4

The Bad:
Why does Seoul look like New York from I am Legend? Isn't the city home to roughly 1/4th of South Korea's population?
I know it's been argued to death but the graphics look very plastic-y. There's doing cell-shading and cartoony graphics right (Borderlands, TF2, Overwatch, Crackdown, Bioshock etc) and then there's just doing it wrong.

Most of the combat seems to take place on rooftops or in enclosed arenas as opposed to the open world.
According to some reports the weapons feel like peashooters. This is the same exact problem SR3 had when it came to the shooting where anything outside of the McManus, Ultimax, and Shepherd felt like they were silenced guns firing BB's as opposed to well an AK or a Vector

The Iffy
Really hoping each character actually has personality outside of "Crass and Wacky"

I know most of the plot hasn't been revealed to us but did the Boss spare Vogle? If this takes place a couple years after SR3 then where the fuck is Dex? Where is Killbane? Where's Monica? Why did Oleg and Pierce join Ultor and how? Is AOM Aisha named after SR Aisha? How on earth do two cities that are directly based off of Chicago (Stilwater and Steelport) just happen to exist alongside the actual Chicago? That's like Liberty City being located right next to New York City.

The big plot point is that this takes place in a rebooted universe after the events of Gat Out of Hell. The characters as you knew them aren't in this universe.

The big plot point is that this takes place in a rebooted universe after the events of Gat Out of Hell. The characters as you knew them aren't in this universe.
Seems like a lot of people are having a hard time wrapping their head around that whole concept.

Our focus on AOM was a large story campaign, improved combat and traversal, a detailed open world, and of course a large cast with a huge amount of dialogue and banter.

That is excellent, I really enjoy games that focus on things like that, I'm really keen to see this shape up, and I hope the marketing team is able to create attention for the game.

I hope the studio focus's on attention to detail in the environment, animations, npcs and interactive items (Breath Of The Wild, original Dead Rising, Sleeping Dogs, Last Guardian), and that the game has good NPC AI, variety, and density.

I am noticing some weird pathfinding and occasionally glitchy npcs, and also sometimes it looked like an enemy skipped animation frames if it was knocked over or ragdolling, so I really hope Volition keeps that in mind, I'll try and post any bugs I notice.

Since the AOM forum is gone, I'll repost the Crowbcat video, which helps somewhat show details I absolutely love in game design.

The new Zelda takes this sort of attention to detail to the next level, where in you can even find alternate solutions to puzzles using the games incredibly detailed physics engine.

Will there be any news on the games soundtrack soon? Or how the radio will work in it? The gameplay shown so far felt a little odd without Volition's signature fantastic soundtrack (I don't recall any other developers making you want to jam along to mission complete and menu music).

Last edited:
Will there be any news on the games soundtrack soon? Or how the radio will work in it? The gameplay shown so far felt a little odd without Volition's signature fantastic soundtrack (I don't recall any other developers making you want to jam along to mission complete and menu music).

It's an original score.

And the car radios will play badass theme songs like the a-team instead of licensed music:p?
Maybe. I was read somewhere this Agents of Mayhem will not feature any radiostations containing any licensed music (unlike Saints Row main games and the Graft Theft Auto games), which would be shame as when we decide to use any of NPCs cars / bikes for any of agents, the lack of radiostation with licensed music Agents could listen in that Seoul large urban area would feel very strange. I might be wrong though. Last Saints Row game - Saints Row Gat Out of Hell expansion released in very beginning in 2015 was lacking any radio stations with licensed music which could be listened in the few vehicles featured in-game which Gat and Kinzie could drive (even worse, we cannot use even custom station with our favorite songs at all in New Hades at all), also the Hew Hades game's map itself was pretty dead and didn't offered anything interesting to explore as average and didn't feel live unlike most of previous main Saints Row games! :confused:

I think in many aspects (as the map, the open world and the explorable places in it, the traffic and peds, the customization, playable characters, music, etc), when Agents of Mayhem is compared to the last Saints Row Gat Out of Hell and Grand Theft Auto games (together with previous main Saints Row games as well), it appears to be NOT right very close to neither of those games, but Agents of Mayhem's position compared to these games is rather somewhat between them (some aspects of the gameplay are weak like the lack of radios with known songs listening in the NPCs' vehicles, like Saints Row Gat Out of Hell :(, however on the other side some others, like the variety of civilian peds across Seoul, and and the Seoul game's map itself are better with more interiors like Saints Row 2 and Grand Theft Auto V :), with some accents from other games like Overwatch though (I personally never had played this game at all). :eek:

Last edited:
Back