Oh that is AWESOME! I've been looking for a complete list like that FOREVER! Thank you so much, Minimaul! :)
I have never seen this list, so if you posted it, I'm not sure where.
I'll add it to my SRZoneTool ASAP (I just got back from vacation, so I just saw this).
If you'd rather do a GitHub pull request, I'll take that, but otherwise I'll just copy and paste it from this post, if you don't mind.
Copy & Paste away! The only change in my local branch was to display these object types. :)

I seem to think there's still *one* object type missing and neither Mike Wilson or I could figure out what it was.

MAJOR NEW RELEASE: VERSION 3.0

I've finally gotten around to updating SRZoneTool to parse and convert the Crunched Reference Geometry section of the zone files (the important stuff, anyway). This is the section that contains the list and coordinates of all the small meshes called "fast objects" on the map. Now you can now easily move small things around on the map!!! Want to rearrange the furniture? You can do it! Just edit their coordinates in the XML zone file.

I have extensively tested this with ALL zone files in both SR3 and SR4 and is GUARANTEED to flawlessly convert zone files between binary (.czh_pc/.czn_pc) and easily editable XML formats.

Download it from post #1.

REQUEST FOR MODDERS/TESTERS:
If anyone is interested in editing zone files, please let me know. I'd really appreciate it if anyone can try doing some mods and let me know how it worked out for you. And if you have questions and comments, please don't hesitate to contact me or post them here. I'd really like to make some tutorials to show what you can do with this tool, but I'm not sure when I'll have time, so I'd REALLY appreciate any feedback. Knobby helped me a lot with the zone file format, so I'm sure he'd be curious to see what we can do with this too. Thanks in advance!

LIMITATIONS
Please note that it's still problematic to add or remove items from the zone file. You can CHANGE anything, but see this post with information about this issue. Thank you Raistin Kane for finding this.

Last edited:
QUESTION:
Does anyone have any interest in modding zone files at all? I don't mind working on this more, but if nobody's going to use it, I feel like I'm wasting my time. I really haven't seen the interest in modding zone files that I'd hoped to see. Raistin Kane used it and gave me some great feedback, which motivated me to work on it some more, but he seems to have disappeared from this forum. I used it for my own mods, but I haven't seen anyone else use it for anything.

Forgive me for asking because I have a splitting headache, I didn't get enough sleep, and I have mild food poisoning so paying attention is a bit difficult at the moment. Do you have any examples of what you can do/have done with zone files? It would be helpful (to me at least) to see what others have done to make me look at other things I might want to change. I spend most of my time in SR thinking about clothing/player characters so I don't really notice other things in game.

QUESTION:
Does anyone have any interest in modding zone files at all? I don't mind working on this more, but if nobody's going to use it, I feel like I'm wasting my time. I really haven't seen the interest in modding zone files that I'd hoped to see. Raistin Kane used it and gave me some great feedback, which motivated me to work on it some more, but he seems to have disappeared from this forum. I used it for my own mods, but I haven't seen anyone else use it for anything.
I'm using it to isolate the terrain sections that contain 3d model headers from the rest of the zone data, as I'm hoping to eventually make a tool for gzn_pc files (terrain model data), which would allow modifying at least some of the world geometry.

Forgive me for asking because I have a splitting headache, I didn't get enough sleep, and I have mild food poisoning so paying attention is a bit difficult at the moment. Do you have any examples of what you can do/have done with zone files? It would be helpful (to me at least) to see what others have done to make me look at other things I might want to change. I spend most of my time in SR thinking about clothing/player characters so I don't really notice other things in game.
I hope your head and stomach feel better today. That doesn't sound pleasant at all!
As for examples, I originally made these tools in an attempt to remove doors which were permanently sealed after the campaign was over. So I used it to remove the doors in my Open Doors mod and my Working Elevators mod. I also created a tutorial about How to Move a Nav Point. But you can move a lot of things around using it -- just not large things like buildings. The main issue right now is that adding or removing objects causes problems because offsets change and things break because of that. I was going to work on that, but it's going to be a lot of work, so if nobody's needs it, I won't bother.
I'm using it to isolate the terrain sections that contain 3d model headers from the rest of the zone data, as I'm hoping to eventually make a tool for gzn_pc files (terrain model data), which would allow modifying at least some of the world geometry.
I'm happy you're using it. :)
I admire everything you've done for modding here, so if there's anything I can do to help your effort, let me know.

I'm not 100%, but I am doing better, thank you =). Something that used to bug me in SR3 was the phone booths/news boxes outside of the Image as Designed in the southern region. I'd go to change my character and get stuck when I tried to run between them. Would I be able to move them somewhere else out of the way with your tools instead of removing them?
Jb4bXBH.jpg

I'm not 100%, but I am doing better, thank you =). Something that used to bug me in SR3 was the phone booths/news boxes outside of the Image as Designed in the southern region. I'd go to change my character and get stuck when I tried to run between them. Would I be able to move them somewhere else out of the way with your tools instead of removing them?
Yes, quite easily. Actually, you can also "remove" them from the map completely by simply moving them under the ground.

I am currently attempting to utilize this tool for the "Assassin's Creed: Saints" project. i am looking into changing values of buildings in zones to include a climbable option. I do not know whether it will work or not though.

Back