Saints Row 3 and 4 Zone File Tools

Discussion in 'Tool Releases' started by Quantum, Jul 9, 2015.

1. Quantum

Quantum Administrator Staff Member

This represents a quaternion.

Last edited: May 23, 2018
  2. Okay, that makes sense but rotating objects now become not so trivial thing as I thought

3. Quantum

I updated my previous post. It's definitely a quaternion.

4. So the ratio between (x,y,z)/w should be always the same? And if not model will look distorted? Jeez I forget about math and matrixes long ago

Quantum likes this.
  5. Quantum

Ha ha ha! Who thought this stuff would actually be useful? o_O

6. Yeah, you need it to rotate object in the game where programmers choose fast code, not usability :D
    Okay Google say me that w = cos(rotation angle /2) and x, y, z =rotation vector*sin(rotation angle /2) but what units used here? I saw some value around 9, so xsqr+ysqr+zsqr+wsqr isn't = 1

7. Quantum

Radians? I know Volition uses some strange non-standard units for rotation sometimes.

8. Yeah this should be radians. Jeez, when you rotating objects in Saints row.
    [​IMG]
    But looks like it works, I found that original angle was 136 degrees and replace it with 30. But this thing should be automated 20180523074659_1.jpg

9. Quantum

If there's anything I can do to help, let me know. I stopped working on the zone file tools because nobody seemed to be using them (except myself, for my own mods). I was frustrated that I couldn't add or delete items without crashing the game. Knobby was helping me, but he was very busy and now he's no-longer at Volition. :(

10. This is very sad:(. This tool has potential to be level editor but without Volition help it hardly possible

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice