SRIV SDK Release B: Adding New Customization Items

Did anyone skin mesh to the l-finger11 and l-finger21 bone? SDK converter say me this:
Code:
  File "C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Saints Row IV\tools\SDK\converter\SaintsRow_FBX_Converter.py", line 1445, in write_cmeshx
    bone_index = bones[ bone ]
KeyError: 'l-finger21'
hmm, haven't seen this error before. Is it possible that you removed or edited any of these extra attributes on bone_l_finger21?
boneExtraAttributes.jpg

flow754 said:
hmm, haven't seen this error before. Is it possible that you removed or edited any of these extra attributes on bone_l_finger21?
For clear result I used new sdk templates two times, and always got this. That is kinda strange because for test run I used automatic skin and it works but now any weights for l-finger21 and l-finger11 stopping conversion

Update: no problems with the right fingers

Last edited:
For clear result I used new sdk templates two times, and always got this. That is kinda strange because for test run I used automatic skin and it works but now any weights for l-finger21 and l-finger11 stopping conversion

Update: no problems with the right fingers
Would you mind uploading your maya scene? I'd like to figure put what's causing this.

I don't know how they got in there but there are two bones in your rig that are fucking everything up. Just delete "joint1" and "joint2" from your scene and everything should work as expected.
Wow. I don't know how to thank you.
Jeez I saw joints in the list but did not attach importance to this. I have no idea how I can made them and transfer two times to the new character model. That is pretty mysterious for me.

The Maya and FBX files were made in a Z-up coordinate system. Because of that, the models might appear to lie flat on the grid rather than standing upright when viewed in Maya with default settings. If you run into this problem, click [Window > Settings/Preferences > Preferences > Settings] and specify Z as the up-axis. Don’t simply rotate the objects. After making changes to the coordinate system, you might have problems navigating in the viewport - restart Maya to fix this issue.

How do you fix this issue in 3d max? Could someone make a FBX file with correct T-Pose for 3d Max? When I import I get this exact issue with Male model and the Female is off centered.

Back