SRIV SDK Release B: Adding New Customization Items

Yeah I using it now but as for me it's very confusing making two tools with indentical interface that do different things and there is no warnings about it. One sentence written in red font could save me from few hours of useless struggling
Those two tools aren't separate, they "do the same thing" because one is the updated version of the other. You should be able to use Release B for both weapons and clothing items, but you're apparently experiencing a bug that we've been struggling to fix for a long time now. See, the python code should work in theory but on some PCs, for some FBXs the conversion will simply stop midway through without a notification. There's a pretty safe way to avoid this bug though: run the Python script in an IDE, like Pycharm and the tool should work as intended. Hope you get it to work!

Oh I see. So run script with IDE with pyton interpreter an everything will be ok?
And what about opacity map? Did it supporting yet? I see blend map in table with fbx slots but there is no mention about it in shader table.

Last edited:
Oh I see. So run script with IDE with pyton interpreter an everything will be ok?
And what about opacity map? Did it supporting yet? I see blend map in table with fbx slots but there is no mention about it in shader table.
Right, just run it in Pycharm and it will for some reason execute the code like it's meant to be. There is no designated opacity map, transparency information is included in the alpha channel of the diffuse texture. However, people have been struggling to make transparency work on materials that use pattern maps.

Hello. Im trying to clone and I get this message: "excepción no controlada: System.ArgumentNullException: el valor no puede ser nulo"

Thanks. Thats the one I was using. The problem was about the path. I fixed that editing the settings.json file in ThomasJeppSaintsRow-rev121. Thanks.

Did anyone skin mesh to the bone_l_finger11 and bone_l_finger21 bone? SDK converter say me this:
Code:
  File "C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Saints Row IV\tools\SDK\converter\SaintsRow_FBX_Converter.py", line 1445, in write_cmeshx
    bone_index = bones[ bone ]
KeyError: 'l-finger21'
Python wiki say: Python raises a KeyError whenever a dict() object is requested (using the format a = adict[key]) and the key is not in the dictionary.

Last edited:
Back