so apparently, Voilition's next title got leaked.

Excuse me for being lost here lol. But if i am reading this right, and this is volition next game and by chance is the continue of the saints row series, somebody got way of course here. From what i saw in this video you guys linked, if this is anywhere close to a next saints row game, they lost their touch or something. To go from the greatest and most realistic create your own player, multiplayer or single player game with some of the best effects and go way off course to this i am lost. I would rather play the saints row row series games we have that resemble reality than waste 60 dollars of my weeks pay. No offense but if volition just enhanced and enlarged what they already had going it would be a great game but what kid came up with this? Now if wrong and i have been reading this wrong and my response is off track forgive me. I work a lot and pay hard earned money for the saints row games and would gladly continue to do so. But if this is the future of saints row you can find me in my old threads:).

It's not a Saints Row game. It's a new IP that that has a connection to the same universe.

@IdolNinja, it could be better if you put this link to official game's site as a pinned link onto the top of this subforum, since it's the official Volition's website for this game?

I'm not an administrator here. You would need to talk to someone on staff.

It's not a Saints Row game. It's a new IP that that has a connection to the same universe.
That's good to hear because i would hate to see them ruin a great series:). I know you just do your job as i do mine and said so far it seems you have done very well from what i can tell:). I may just be a simple guy that does mods, but we are the ones that buy the games we love;). Game on volition

That's good to hear because i would hate to see them ruin a great series:). I know you just do your job as i do mine and said so far it seems you have done very well from what i can tell:). I may just be a simple guy that does mods, but we are the ones that buy the games we love;). Game on volition

Thanks man. I think too many studios and publishers approach things from a very Marketing-y angle. I try to bring simple honesty, excitement, and integrity to how we communicate as a studio.

Back to the SR thing, it was a very conscious decision to NOT call it a Saints Row game since it looks, feels, and plays very differently. Gameplay details and footage will be hitting incredibly soon and you'll be able to see for yourself. Honestly, I think it's fucking awesome, and I love playing it as much as I can, even in this early state.

Oh, and we'll also be doing an AOM stream tomorrow afternoon on Volition twitch with me, Jason Blair, and Josh Stinson. It's not gameplay or anything, just a chance for us to chat about the game and take questions for an hour.

I went and took a look at the website.

I hate it. I hate the gameplay in it's entirety. Well, as far as it's been explained.

I hope to god work starts on Saints Row 5 ASAP after this... ugh...

I hope to god work starts on Saints Row 5 ASAP after this... ugh...
Judging by Volition's past development cycles, the studio has a track record of working on multiple titles simultaneously. In case you don't know what I'm talking about, this is a list of pairs of games Volition worked on at the same time in recent years:
Saints Row 2 - Red Faction Guerrilla
Saints Row 3 - Red Faction Armageddon
Saints Row 4 - Saints Row: ETD
Agents of Mayhem - ???
So yeah, I'd be genuinely surprised if they had their whole staff working on nothing but AoM during the last 4 years. To me it would make more sense if they had split their studio in two teams working on two separate projects under the same roof. Just like they did before THQ's downfall. Volition could be working on SR5 right now for all we know.

Judging by Volition's past development cycles, the studio has a track record of working on multiple titles simultaneously. In case you don't know what I'm talking about, this is a list of pairs of games Volition worked on at the same time in recent years:
Saints Row 2 - Red Faction Guerrilla
Saints Row 3 - Red Faction Armageddon
Saints Row 4 - Saints Row: ETD
Agents of Mayhem - ???
So yeah, I'd be genuinely surprised if they had their whole staff working on nothing but AoM during the last 4 years. To me it would make more sense if they had split their studio in two teams working on two separate projects under the same roof. Just like they did before THQ's downfall. Volition could be working on SR5 right now for all we know.
An excellent point. Perhaps many of us (myself included) have rushed to judgement simply because of our preconceived idea that the next game would be a Saints Row game, and we've closed our mind to anything other than that. I may enjoy playing this game just like I enjoyed playing the Red Faction games. It's just not a Saints Row game.

I've seen how a certain fraction of the people who play Saints Row prefer the "classic" real-world style of Saints Row 1, 2, and 3 (myself included) while others prefer the "space-alien/superpower" style of Saints Row IV. So whichever direction Volition picked for their next game, some of their fans would be disappointed. Damned if you do. Damned if you don't.

But, what if they made 2 games -- a "space-alien/superpower" game, and another "classic" Saints Row game?

What if ?

Last edited:
An excellent point. Perhaps many of us (myself included) have rushed to judgement simply because of our preconceived idea that the next game would be a Saints Row game, and we've closed our mind to anything other than that. I may enjoy playing this game just like I enjoyed playing the Red Faction games. It's just not a Saints Row game.
Exactly what I was getting at. Saints Row 2 and Red Faction Guerrilla are both among my favorite games of all time even though RFG had neither character customization nor cooperative multiplayer. All it had was a fun single player gameplay and a few nods to the Saints Row universe - both qualities I very much expect to be in Agents of Mayhem. Sign me up, Volition, I'm hyped.

It looks interesting, having 3 characters and able to switch on the fly could make things fun. Just wondering, is the game going to purely single player or is there going to have a co-op more as well?

I do hope the open world is much larger than previous Saints Row games.

It looks interesting, having 3 characters and able to switch on the fly could make things fun. Just wondering, is the game going to purely single player or is there going to have a co-op more as well?

I do hope the open world is much larger than previous Saints Row games.
nope, it's singleplayer only (so far)

Well, it's set up to redirect to here for now. If a new site is the best way, I'll do that. If a section on here is best, I'll do that. Either could work!

We'll see.
I think you should have a new agents of mayhem section but clicking on it will redirect you to a different website

Back