Something to keep you busy until the SDK can be released...

Ok, we have been adding file format information and tutorials for how to use the tools in this repo. You can find them in this forum Guides and Tutorials. Of specific interest might be how I made the mod to test fixing the dlc gang stuff, which you can find here.

Ok, we have been adding file format information and tutorials for how to use the tools in this repo. You can find them in this forum Guides and Tutorials. Of specific interest might be how I made the mod to test fixing the dlc gang stuff, which you can find here.

My faq and tutorial for the alpha tools will be released shortly as well... if I can stop myself from playing Saints Row IV this weekend. (don't hold your breath.)

I see that issue in virustotal's results as well https://www.virustotal.com/en/file/...dfe5196e7fd3842085e1deec/analysis/1374542056/. I'm not sure what is going on, but I see other programs trigger this alarm as well. Even something as popular as Rainmeter fights with this. I've submitted the file to them to request that they take a look and see why the false positive is showing up.
We got results from Avira that it is a false positive. You can check out their update here: http://analysis.avira.com/samples/d...3TKsUW4Fx0bnH7nLBs51T7FFK5&incidentid=1472185

if I can stop myself from playing Saints Row IV this weekend. (don't hold your breath.)

LoL. So that is why I rarely see you in any game in Steam as of late. Either away or 'online'.
Such a tease. You are waving chocolate candy
in front of hungry dogs.
I'll have to fire up my modded SR3 and lay waste to some waves of Luchradors with a mini gun or something.

Will be cool to see at least some raw mesh format descriptions.
I think the more likely thing here is an fbx -> our mesh tool. We don't have an issue releasing that information, but it seems more useful for the tool. Maybe one of the rendering guys can fill us in on the format though.

I think the more likely thing here is an fbx -> our mesh tool. We don't have an issue releasing that information, but it seems more useful for the tool. Maybe one of the rendering guys can fill us in on the format though.

FBX will be even greater, if it will perserve all the model components and meta data, like gun placement, etc

Last edited:
Excuse me, but what exactly do I have to do with my new cvtf files in Saints Row 2?

I edited a variant and succesfully created a new cvtf file using IdolNinja his example and then dragged those to the SR2 root, a bit like how SRTT works but ingame nothing happens.

Excuse me, but what exactly do I have to do with my new cvtf files in Saints Row 2?

I edited a variant and succesfully created a new cvtf file using IdolNinja his example and then dragged those to the SR2 root, a bit like how SRTT works but ingame nothing happens.

SR2 doesn't work like that. The modded files need to be repackaged back into patch.vpp_pc. They won't load loosely from the root.

Back