Something to keep you busy until the SDK can be released...

Does it not matter that's it's sr4 if so okay then

We know that waiting for the SDK to release can be hard and painful. It won't be completed tomorrow or next week even, so we thought that might be too long to sit in anticipation of things to come. With that in mind, we decided that we should give you a little taste and some insight into what tools we have coming. We are going to make a github repo with the current tools that we have ported over and we will continue add to this repo as things come online.

Please keep in mind that this repo is NOT the SDK and they are NOT completed and fully functional tools. It is a peek at the alpha stages if you will. The current toolset is as follows:
  • SR3 Tools
    • packfile viewer (double click to see contents, double click contents to open, right click save, etc)
    • str2 viewer(this is actually just the packfile viewer, but I wanted to make sure you knew it handled str2 files as well)
    • peg viewer (double click to open cpeg_pc files. Can't see actual graphics, but it will tell you what is inside the peg)
    • vpkg_wd (tool to build/extract packfiles, str2 files, and asm files)
    • vehicle_table_cruncher (crunches xtbl files into cvtf files)
  • SR2 Tools
    • vehicle_table_cruncher (crunches xtbl files into cvtf files)
    • peg viewer (double click to open cpeg_pc files. Can't see actual graphics, but it will tell you what is inside the peg)
    • npc cruncher (crunches xtbl files into cvtf files for npc's)
These tools should be out and in your hands within a week. We can't wait to see the things you make and also to hear about the troubles you have. The request is to make a post into the forums so that everyone has a chance to respond and also see the previous posts so everyone can benefit from the information. Look for tutorial type posts coming soon to explain the usage of the tools.

------------------
Update 7/22 - Jeff is out of the office today and so instead of making you guys wait for the repo to be created, here is the zip of the contents. This is super-mega-alpha and mostly broken and is NOT the SDK.

------------------
Known Issues
------------------
  • Memory leak in packfile viewer when extracting files. Restart the viewer if you run into problems extracting a file.
or even next 9 years lol nah so where is it then newrly done orrrr never getting done

or even next 9 years lol nah so where is it then newrly done orrrr never getting done
If it isn't obvious already, the rest of the SDK for SR4 was cancelled and is never happening. They were gonna do it for AOM (allegedly) then didn't because AOM didn't sell well. Best we can hope for is the reboot getting mod support

If it isn't obvious already, the rest of the SDK for SR4 was cancelled and is never happening. They were gonna do it for AOM (allegedly) then didn't because AOM didn't sell well. Best we can hope for is the reboot getting mod support
oh i didnt know, yh hopefully but knowing volition i doubt it they never give us anything we want *cough *cough sr2 patch lol

oh i didnt know, yh hopefully but knowing volition i doubt it they never give us anything we want *cough *cough sr2 patch lol
It's not related. SDK was planned but people who worked on the tools and the whole workshop patch got fired because of poor AoM sales. SR2 patch is a different story because people who worked on it still work at Volition (except Idol and Minimaul)

It's not related. SDK was planned but people who worked on the tools and the whole workshop patch got fired because of poor AoM sales. SR2 patch is a different story because people who worked on it still work at Volition (except Idol and Minimaul)
oh okay i got you

Back