1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Something to keep you busy until the SDK can be released...

Discussion in 'Announcements' started by [V] Knobby, Jul 18, 2013.

1. Do I do the same for editing NPCs?

2. Miku Hatsune

Miku Hatsune Modding patch tester

I know it's been a while since this feature has been out, but, assuming it's for the SRIV vpkg, are ASMs built from xtbl files supposed to be 16MB? And what is the command to write ASM out to xtbl?

3. [V] Knobby

[V] Knobby Volition Staff

Depending on the asm, it is very possible. We didn't go with xml for the format for a reason. :) Conversion to xml is done via -extract_asm and xml to asm is done via -build_asm. So something like:

Code (Text):
    vpkg_wd -extract_asm asm_filename.asm_pc
    edit xml
    vpk_wd -build_asm asm_filename.asm_pc

4. Miku Hatsune

Miku Hatsune Modding patch tester

I've went with that in the past. But since you mentioned that vpkg started supporting writing from and to xtbl, I wanted to give it a try. The asm size confused me. :)

Though editing the xml of existing containers went less than succesful (even though I had the amount of bits in e.g. cpu load of the container correct), I haven't tried adding containers yet.

But then again even with Stream2Update from Minimaul's tools, editing for example components and variants wasn't succesful.
    That while Stream2Update is an exe where you can't go wrong with regarding updating assemblers after editing streaming containers.

5. [V] Knobby

[V] Knobby Volition Staff

Yes, lots of the community tools are simply amazing. It's really amazing what you guys are able to do with the game. Some of the external tools are better and easier than our internal ones. We don't really mess with packfiles often though and never extract, edit, and repackage like you guys do though. It's neat to look at how things are done on the other side of the fence!

The things that you guys make are a big reason that we're working on this steam workshop support. More people need to see all the great things that you guys have created.

6. Minimaul

Minimaul Site owner Staff Member

If you're getting stuck with vpkg, you can also try something like this:

Code (Text):
    ThomasJepp.SaintsRow.Stream2.exe customize_item.asm_pc toxml
    Which will create a customize_item.xml in the same directory as customize_item.asm_pc.

To convert back, do:
    Code (Text):
    ThomasJepp.SaintsRow.Stream2.exe customize_item.xml toasm
    I've used this for all kinds of ASM manipulation and not run into any bugs yet.

You don't have to worry about getting your CPU Size and GPU Size correct - once you've converted back to an asm_pc file you can use the same tool to update them automatically:
    Code (Text):
    ThomasJepp.SaintsRow.Stream2.exe customize_item.asm_pc update

Last edited: May 31, 2016
  7. hello how to use that mod and how to install pls :(

8. how to install and use npc_table plss