Something to keep you busy until the SDK can be released...

so what exactly does the vehicle table and character tables for? (SR2) or are they for adding new characters and vehicles and such?
If there are for that....
Hopefully the SR1 vehicle meshes (vehicles that didn't appear in SR2 from SR1) are still there. because it was a shame that the Mixmaster, and venom weren't included, unless volition can upload those meshes to site
which i doubt

so what exactly does the vehicle table and character tables for? (SR2) or are they for adding new characters and vehicles and such?
If there are for that....
Hopefully the SR1 vehicle meshes (vehicles that didn't appear in SR2 from SR1) are still there. because it was a shame that the Mixmaster, and venom weren't included, unless volition can upload those meshes to site
which i doubt

I don't know about that but right now it can be used to edit vehicle and pedestrians variants.

For example, you're able to edit with what pieces of clothing people spawn with as well as things like types of hair color, skin color, etc...
The vehicle tables allow you to change the variants of vehicles, for example make the Ultor Five-O appear in pink color etc...

3D model mods are on their way, so that includes vehicles and yes, perhaps putting Saints Row 1 cars in 2 will be possible. Modders are able to put GTA V cars in GTA IV so I don't see why it can't happen with SR1 and SR2, though I wouldn't be surprised if this wouldn't be allowed.

EDIT:

Excuse me, does the tool also support variant modding of helicopters and boats?

Everytime I mod a helicopter variant the game crashes while trying to load that specific variant.
Cars work like a charm.

Last edited:
Can't build vehicle files, nor combine ASMs with the SRIV vkpg_wd... :/

If anyone at [V] can explain to me how to make my new variants ready and fine to spawn on the streets now.
I tried using vpkg_wd -build_packfile to make my str2_pc files, but that leaves the ASMs...

How do I use the npc cruncher for SR2? I really suck at these kind of things, what should I put in the batch file?

Is there any news on the modding tools? It seems like most news etc has died down.

Can't build vehicle files, nor combine ASMs with the SRIV vkpg_wd... :/

If anyone at [V] can explain to me how to make my new variants ready and fine to spawn on the streets now.
I tried using vpkg_wd -build_packfile to make my str2_pc files, but that leaves the ASMs...
I know this is necro, but vpkg now supports writing an asm out to a xtbl file and building asm files from xtbl files. This should allow for merging or tweaking values pretty easily.

Is there any news on the modding tools? It seems like most news etc has died down.
We actually do have some progress here. It isn't anything to jump up and down and be happy about yet, but progress is being made. Meatplow leaving V really hurt the mod effort as we ended up losing the cruncher side of things. With the help he has been able to provide even though he is not able to look at code and things anymore we have started to make some progress. I think it is close, it is just a matter of getting enough free time to do something. We're pretty busy right now working on "the next thing". And no, I can't talk about it yet. :)

I know this is necro, but vpkg now supports writing an asm out to a xtbl file and building asm files from xtbl files. This should allow for merging or tweaking values pretty easily.
Absolutely beautiful. I'm looking forward to try it out!

yorpie said:
I don't know about that but right now it can be used to edit vehicle and pedestrians variants.

For example, you're able to edit with what pieces of clothing people spawn with as well as things like types of hair color, skin color, etc....
You. Could copy and paste a character entry and then edit it to make a new model

yorpie said:
The vehicle tables allow you to change the variants of vehicles, for example make the Ultor Five-O appear in pink color etc...

3D model mods are on their way, so that includes vehicles and yes, perhaps putting Saints Row 1 cars in 2 will be possible. Modders are able to put GTA V cars in GTA IV so I don't see why it can't happen with SR1 and SR2, though I wouldn't be surprised if this wouldn't be allowed.

EDIT:

Excuse me, does the tool also support variant modding of helicopters and boats?

Everytime I mod a helicopter variant the game crashes while trying to load that specific variant.
Cars work like a charm.
Please tell me we'll be able to mod back in the fuer de Lance from saints row 1!
And IdolNinja said he made a banana yellow ufo so yeah, you should be able to edit helicopters. Maybe it's just certain variants...

Last edited by a moderator:
Back