Something to keep you busy until the SDK can be released...

Is it possible to use files in the SRTT CVTF Example as templates?

Well, kind of. You would need the original tables for whatever vehicle and also change the folder names and batch file to reflect them... but other than that, yeah. The main reason I uploaded this stuff is so people could see step by step how the process and tools work.

You can now find the two pre-release tool sets at:

SR3: https://github.com/volition-inc/Kinzies-Toy-Box
SR2: https://github.com/volition-inc/Shaundis-Secret-Stash

If you are not a github user, you can download a zip'd version of the files on the github site as well.

Cheers!

Jeff

Everyone should note that these will always be the most current version of the alpha tools as they are added to, updated, and improved. Registering a free account on github will make it easy to check and sync up the latest versions of both sets of files.

Is the CVTF compatible with Extra Vecle customization, and customize all vehicles mods? Every time I replace the Vehicle Container, I go in game, the audio stops working, the streets are filled with only Solairs, except parked cars, and I drive off, and my car begins to slow down, and then disappeares, leaving me floating in place, the way I was sitting in the car, and I can't move or anything.

Is the CVTF compatible with Extra Vecle customization, and customize all vehicles mods? Every time I replace the Vehicle Container, I go in game, the audio stops working, the streets are filled with only Solairs, except parked cars, and I drive off, and my car begins to slow down, and then disappeares, leaving me floating in place, the way I was sitting in the car, and I can't move or anything.

No, it's not. You would need to update the asm to work with both mods. A good rule to keep in mind is that if a mod has the same asm file as a mod you currently have installed then it's not compatible (unless you update it.)

I think I may have sent some file to my trash, which when I removed, caused all menus to not work, such as escape menu, garage menu, and cellphone menu. Would you know what it was?

I think I may have sent some file to my trash, which when I removed, caused all menus to not work, such as escape menu, garage menu, and cellphone menu. Would you know what it was?

It can be anything. Remove all mods and start over.

Okay, so I verified integrity or whatever, and got all my files back. The game works properly until I add the new VehicleContainers file, and then the game will eventually find some way to crash.

The minivan files don't work either. If I put the files in my directory, I go in game, and select Westbury, and the garage either automatically closes, or the game will crash

Will source be available for the tools?
No, these tools link in to our internal libraries that are also used for the game itself. Unless the game code itself goes open source, I wouldn't expect the tools to go that route.

As a side note, we are very open to helping out with file format information. If someone is interested in making a different/better tool for something, we can always provide format information to help with that.

Back