SR3 Save Editor C

It turns out that ##,###,### gives a positive value, just not the value I typed in. The end result was plenty for me, but it might be good to know why it isn't giving a correct 1:1 match.

It turns out that ##,###,### gives a positive value, just not the value I typed in. The end result was plenty for me, but it might be good to know why it isn't giving a correct 1:1 match.
According to the Save game schema thread in the Ask Volition forum, money is stored as: int32 money on hand in pennies
If we break that down:
Largest value for a 32 bit (signed) integer: 2,147,483,647
Convert that from pennies into dollars: 21,474,836.47

That means, the largest amount of money you can hold at one time is 21.474 million dollars.
If you went larger than that, it will roll over to negative, and then back around to positive..
0 -> 21
-21 -> 0
0 -> 21

Just give yourself 10 million and you'll have more than enough money to buy everything in the game.

Hmm... Interesting. The value I tried was aprox. 99,999,9##.## (just added numbers to existing value). The end result was something like 14,###,###.## (I didn't write it down). Looking at it, it may very well have been 14,748,364.7# (maybe). "Arcane undocumented voodoo bullshit", indeed. :confused:

Hang on a sec...

Is it REALLY a signed int for cash? I can't remember the thread in question but.. does money ever actually go negative? If 0 is our bottom, we can use an unsigned int, for much more capacity. Mostly because 21 mil doesn't seem too big for an enterprizing player who loses stuff to spend it on.
Plus I'd imagine there may be something in-game to stop it from getting more than some value (like 20 mil, s a rough rounding) so we can't escalate above the byte cap. Does the game just stop giving more money after a point? I can't recall getting that close in game.. if there's an internal cap the game normally has (and going past makes it continue to add until we flip to 0/negative/whatever) that sounds like a good cap to toss in the editor too.

Hang on a sec...

Is it REALLY a signed int for cash? I can't remember the thread in question but.. does money ever actually go negative? If 0 is our bottom, we can use an unsigned int, for much more capacity. Mostly because 21 mil doesn't seem too big for an enterprizing player who loses stuff to spend it on.
Plus I'd imagine there may be something in-game to stop it from getting more than some value (like 20 mil, s a rough rounding) so we can't escalate above the byte cap. Does the game just stop giving more money after a point? I can't recall getting that close in game.. if there's an internal cap the game normally has (and going past makes it continue to add until we flip to 0/negative/whatever) that sounds like a good cap to toss in the editor too.
Unfortunately, since it's hardcoded into the engine, there's no way for us to change it to an unsigned Int.
On a side note, even at 100% completion and all of the upgrades the most you're pulling in per "time" is about 60k.
Gonna take a long time to build up 21 million dollars 60k a shot.

Hey I tried to use this for first time this morning and it worked as intended. I only had a few minutes before work but I did notice that is seemed like AutoSave was now disabled. I only wanted to give myself some obscene amount of $$ (think it came out to around 12 million).

Now I did change decay rates to high numbers and damage rates to very low numbers and then started game and bought all the upgrades so all I can figure is that with upgrades and the changes I made to rates in the Mod that I must have brought something negative and therefore "flagged" it as a cheat. Does that sound like a possibility?

Honestly I just want the $$ the rest of the game I will just play normally. Obviously doesn't so me much good to play if I can't have my game saved lol.

I am an idiot and just now realized you could manually save (just bought game). That still does not address my question though. Does anyone know if doing what I did (^see above) could have somehow disabled auto saves?

I am an idiot and just now realized you could manually save (just bought game). That still does not address my question though. Does anyone know if doing what I did (^see above) could have somehow disabled auto saves?

Using cheats will disable auto-save.

Back