Weapon Retexture Project

All you need to do is stick the loose files here:
..\Gentlemen_of_the_Row_Saints_Row_2_Super_Mod_v1.9_final\optional_mod_stuff\1-MODDERS_-_PUT_YOUR_OWN_PERSONAL_MODS_HERE\

Anything in that folder will get built into the patch and take precedence over vanilla or modded files.

Realy? Ok, if it's realy that simple.

Thanks, even if that is rather simple, I'll put this "tutorial" into my upcoming version.

Epic!

Uploaded v2, I still didn't finish this though, so expect a Version 3 as well. Or Final ;)

EDIT: Before I forget, I will no longer support the one that is just "patch", it is too tedious and I think if you're going to mod it, you might as well learn how. Not too hard actually.

I also forgot to remove the AK47 retexture from the first version, so I did on the 2nd version.

Hey, I see you tried your mod with GOTR after IdolNinja helped you in the comments. Did it work or something because I did the same thing like he said and it crashed. Are you fixing that on Version 3 sooo?

Hey, I see you tried your mod with GOTR after IdolNinja helped you in the comments. Did it work or something because I did the same thing like he said and it crashed. Are you fixing that on Version 3 sooo?

I can't fix it without a good log/reason or proof that it crashes. It might be just your fault, shit happens.

I can't fix it without a good log/reason or proof that it crashes. It might be just your fault, shit happens.
Well same for me too. No idea at all, just wondering if it work for you. It might not be my fault but you might be right too, shit happens a lot too. Oh well.

I'm not sure if you saw it, but he did provide a very specific and supposedly reproducible example in his other thread. The crash happens specifically during the mission 1 tutorial where it tells you to take the gun from the guard when you're on top of the building.

Well same for me too. No idea at all, just wondering if it work for you. It might not be my fault but you might be right too, shit happens a lot too. Oh well.

I don't use GOTR, but I will still try and see this crash.

I'm not sure if you saw it, but he did provide a very specific and supposedly reproducible example in his other thread. The crash happens specifically during the mission 1 tutorial where it tells you to take the gun from the guard when you're on top of the building.

Thanks for the info, I read his thread now. Never had this crash, at least with my texture mod.

Here's something important that I have to say though;
The textures are rather "buggy", because every time one changes it, there's a chance the stability goes down. If the texture gets more size (Like from 512x512 to 1024x1024), the more unstable it is. The crashes are various, most common would be just an instant crash, not being able to get in the main menu. Or it could happen that when you shoot, you crash. I tested this myself. Remember I told you about that, IdolNinja?

Don't know why this happens, but my technology friend says it might be because of the system being 32-bit, so, a texture change will make it worse because of "data"...Well sadly I don't remember what he said exactly.

EDIT: I tested this, but with just my texture pack (and some very small mods) and I saw no crashes at all. Makes me think it is not my texture pack's fault, but some strange incompatibility with GOTR. I will try with GOTR and the texture pack now.

I don't use GOTR, but I will still try and see this crash.

Thanks for the info, I read his thread now. Never had this crash, at least with my texture mod.

Here's something important that I have to say though;
The textures are rather "buggy", because every time one changes it, there's a chance the stability goes down. If the texture gets more size (Like from 512x512 to 1024x1024), the more unstable it is. The crashes are various, most common would be just an instant crash, not being able to get in the main menu. Or it could happen that when you shoot, you crash. I tested this myself. Remember I told you about that, IdolNinja?

Don't know why this happens, but my technology friend says it might be because of the system being 32-bit, so, a texture change will make it worse because of "data"...Well sadly I don't remember what he said exactly.

EDIT: I tested this, but with just my texture pack (and some very small mods) and I saw no crashes at all. Makes me think it is not my texture pack's fault, but some strange incompatibility with GOTR. I will try with GOTR and the texture pack now.
It crashes every time I fire a gun after adding this to GotR. There's certainly some strange incompatibility there.

I know these "fire a gun" crashes, I had them too, but it would only happen if I apparently increased the texture size or somehow added "more than the limit", if there is a limit. I tested all possibilities with GoTR+Pack compatibilities, I had no crashes.

Hopefully the upcoming SDK will somehow fix this if possible.

I do have an upcoming update though, maybe that will fix it.

Okay, I think this new release is probably buggier than the others, damn me.

Still, if anyone can, I want you to report any performance drops or loss, because that is what I'm experiencing myself.

Attachments

• Saints Row 2 WRP v2.1.rar
    1.6 MB · Views: 443
Back