Weapon Retexture Project

This is a simple texture pack that replaces the textures of some weapons. They're all of the same original size, so you don't have to worry about FPS drop, lag or anything else related to performance when increasing textures resolution.
These weapons have been tested on very high graphics, so, visuals might change depending on what kind of graphics you have put. For example, you might see them ugly because of lightning.

Now, not all textures have been changed, either due to bugs, no ideas or simply there is no need to.

For instance, I didn't change the VICE9 or Tombstone because they already look good enough when using the cutscene model version. And as of v2.2, you get those two extra! I don't think they'll break performance.

Everything else is included in the readme.

If you got questions, ask here. Don't PM me unless it is VERY personal.

The old WRP isn't going to be supported anymore, only WRP V2 and up, so expect outdated readme in WRP V1.

PLEASE NOTE: As of late, this texture pack has been unstable. If you want one that is as stable as it can get but doesn't have all the features and some textures are old compared to the latter versions, get the first version. If you want one reported unstable but works for some, get v2. If you want to test it out and fix these problems, try v2.21 (or v2.2 if you don't want the AK47).

Good news? V3 has been tested by Crowe550 to be stable in GoTR. This is all thanks to Masamaru's PegTool.

Attachments

• Saints Row 2 WRP.rar
    1.7 MB · Views: 1,257
  • Saints Row 2 WRP v2.rar
    1.6 MB · Views: 987
  • Saints Row 2 WRP v2.2.rar
    1.6 MB · Views: 751
  • Saints Row 2 WRP v2.21.rar
    1.8 MB · Views: 1,249
  • Saints Row 2 WRP v3.rar
    533.4 KB · Views: 1,857
Last edited:
Too bad I can't use it together with GotR :(.

I'm very sure you can actually use it together with GotR, but of course, I didn't test it.

What makes you wonder you can't use that with this?

Well, this mod uses a "patch.vpp_pc", but so does GotR. So than I have to replace it with the one from GotR. And I don't want to do that. Or must I put it somewhere else than the SR 2 directory?

Well, this mod uses a "patch.vpp_pc", but so does GotR. So than I have to replace it with the one from GotR. And I don't want to do that. Or must I put it somewhere else than the SR 2 directory?

You can use it with GotR, just get the Non-Patch version of this mod and Gibbed's tools, make your own "patch.vpp_pc" and you're done.

Not too good with guides about making your own patch.vpp_pc to be honest, but I'm sure there is a good guide for it on YouTube, or people in here that can tell you how to do it better than me.

All you need to do is stick the loose files here:
..\Gentlemen_of_the_Row_Saints_Row_2_Super_Mod_v1.9_final\optional_mod_stuff\1-MODDERS_-_PUT_YOUR_OWN_PERSONAL_MODS_HERE\

Anything in that folder will get built into the patch and take precedence over vanilla or modded files.

All you need to do is stick the loose files here:
..\Gentlemen_of_the_Row_Saints_Row_2_Super_Mod_v1.9_final\optional_mod_stuff\1-MODDERS_-_PUT_YOUR_OWN_PERSONAL_MODS_HERE\

Anything in that folder will get built into the patch and take precedence over vanilla or modded files.

Thanks, even if that is rather simple, I'll put this "tutorial" into my upcoming version.

Back