SPOILERS Saints Row (2022) official info

So...yeah, Santo Ileso looks good from what I've seen. Characters look vibrant and diverse and the clothing store Leather and Lace is back.

and the clothing store Leather and Lace is back.
Well, Leather & Lace still exists as a company in the new universe... But I didn't see the holographic hands on the doors, that are usually used to indicate that a building is enterable... So...

But that's just my take from what we've been given.

Come to think of it, I don't think I've seen those Holographic hands at all... Maybe they now use a similar system to GTA, where the door just swings open when you walk into it?

I think that's my problem... We've seen: a few cutscenes, Playa walking through the streets, Playa driving several vehicles... But I've yet to see Playa interact with the surrounding environment.

Enter a few buildings, make a few purchases, show us some of that sweet sweet customization that makes the Saints Row Series so unique.

Does anyone else agree with me? Or is everyone happy with seeing the same kind of footage you can get in any NFS or GTA game?

In terms of them showing me what this game has to offer, I'm not seeing much of the stuff they've hyped up but not shown.

Customizable Strongholds, the Wingsuit, Hoverboards... If it weren't for people talking about them, I wouldn't even have known they were in the game.

If the videos they released didn't have the developers talking about the Strongholds, those "screenshots" could have just been of generic stores and I'd never have known the difference.

Show us a Stronghold customization menu, show us the color palate for the clothes, show us that's there's more to do than just drive cars and go for a walk... Sell this game to me!

I mean, is it just me, or does seeing the same Playa with only a simple jacket change in every single video so far, make you think that we have very little customization to play with.

And yes I have seen Playa walk into the bar repeatedly with a different appearance every time, but I'd still like to see more than just a jacket change in the next video.

Show off the hairstyles, show off the various clothing options, show us Grandma having a fist fight with a Panteros Enforcer. It really doesn't matter, just show us something other than the hobo boots, basic jeans, and T, Hoodie, & Jacket combo we've seen to death at this point.

And I would also like to see Playa access their own wardrobe, garage, and whatever other Crib features have returned to the series... Or did Cribs not return at all... Because there's yet to be any evidence of that either.

We do know about the new Saints HQ, but is that going to be like SR 2006, where the Church just serves as a Save Point, with no other features available (besides the confirmed map room)? Or will it be more like SR2 & SRTT, where it serves as the Saints Main Crib with all Crib features accessible to use?

And every time they get asked about Cribs, it seems they always refer us to the Strongholds? Are Strongholds replacing Cribs? Will the Strongholds still have all the Crib features? Is the new Church our only Crib in the entire city?

Do the enemy bases become our Cribs?... Every time they release a video, it just raises further questions, without answering anything I've asked.

Do we still get the standard 3 Followers Slots? Do we get more than 3? Do we even get 1? Are Homies still accessible through the Phone? Do we even have a Phone? Do we even have Homies?

I know they've said we still have Homies, but is it the same system as it's always been, or is it more like GTA IV, where you call them up, you take them bowling, then drop them back off at their apartment?

Are they on a timer? Can you only call one Homie up at a time? Is there a cool down timer after they're dismissed? Can you change their outfits? Can you change their hairstyles?

Is edible food to regain health coming back? Do we still have a grenade wheel? Is there a new wheel? Is "Dual Wield" still an irreversible upgrade? Can you pick up phone booths or street signs to use as improvised weapons?

Can we play poker? Can we be a paramedic, fireman, or taxi driver? Are street races coming back? Do we still have Assassinations and Chop Shop lists? Can we put up Saints Gang Tags? Are we called "The Saints", or "The 3rd Street Saints"?

Do the Panteros have a leader? Can we purchase vehicles, or just steal them (I miss Foreign Power)? Is Forgive & Forget returning? Does the Atlasbreaker have more customizable options than SR2? Is the Atlasbreaker the only type of monster truck?

Is the Miami the only returning boat? Is there collectibles? What kind of collectibles are there to find? Can you romance any of the Saints? Can you exile any of the Saints from your crew?

Last edited:
Well, Leather & Lace still exists as a company in the new universe... But I didn't see the holographic hands on the doors, that are usually used to indicate that a building is enterable... So...

But that's just my take from what we've been given.
Don't be so obtuse, you can see that it's a store if you look at the minimap.

Don't be so obtuse, you can see that it's a store if you look at the minimap.
I watched the video and typed that comment after midnight, I was tired and only half paying attention, and I am known for missing the obvious.

I was just pissed that they decided to walk past a classic clothing store, but didn't even give us a peek inside, or a peek at the clothing options.

But the rest of my post still applies

They're not exactly selling me this game by showing Playa take a stoll down the street. I want to see that buildings are enterable, I want to see that clothes can be changed/purchased, I want to see Playa with Followers, I want to see the features they keep telling us about, but have yet to actually show them off.

Because after the generic barren Steelport we got in SRIV, I'm worried that we're just gonna get another city that's just full of unenterable buildings with no interaction at all.

And after GOOH, where they completely abandoned cribs altogether, it just makes me wonder if they're coming back. It's not like we've actually seen a crib, or any crib features yet.

Have they done a Sunset Overdrive on us? Will Cribs be replaced with Outdoor Compounds? Is this Apartment they share only gonna be accessible during Cutscenes? Is the Church interior only accessible during scripted events, such as using the map?

Are buildings like the Museum only accessible during missions? Are any buildings enterable outside of missions?

Last edited:
Back