Will The New Saints Row Game Support Mods?

Watch the trailer again and you'll find the saints logo. They just showed first trailer, wait for more content, more trailers, gameplays. Maybe they'll show more characters, maybe you'll see old faces, maybe they didn't want to show everything in the first trailer.
The game engine, what is its name? If you watch the trailers, geympley, you can see that the shadows are drawn next to the player, which gives the feeling that the engine or game is not very ready, I hope the rendering and drawing distance will improve in the release. Also, if it is an old engine, then the formats will remain the same as before, although the emergence of new formats is not excluded, I think the mod community will make its tools as it happens with gta 5, and after the release on steam, I hope the developers officially The game engine, what is its name? If you watch the trailers, geympley, you can see that the shadows are drawn next to the player, which gives the feeling that the engine or game is not very ready, I hope the rendering and drawing distance will improve in the release. Also, if it is an old engine, then the formats will remain the same as before, although the emergence of new formats is not excluded, I think the mod community will make its tools as it happens with gta 5, and after the release on steam, I hope the developers officially pThe game engine, what is its name? If you watch the trailers, geympley, you can see that the shadows are drawn next to the player, which gives the feeling that the engine or game is not very ready, I hope the rendering and drawing distance will improve in the release. Also, if it is an old engine, then the formats will remain the same as before, although the emergence of new formats is not excluded, I think the mod community will make its tools as it happens with gta 5, and after the release on steam, I hope the developers officially They will tell you that they will give their tools, or an editor, although most likely not.

It's the same engine called CTG engine they've used in previous SR games and AoM but old engine doesn't mean old format. AoM runs on it too, we got vpp_pc and str2_pc files too but you can't open them with old SR tools and only one person was able to make a tool that extracts the files but that's it. 5 years later and AoM is still not moddable (maybe people don't care about this game)

Это тот же движок, называемый движком CTG, который они использовали в предыдущих играх SR и AoM, но старый движок не означает старый формат. На нем также работает AoM, у нас также есть файлы vpp_pc и str2_pc, но вы не можете открыть их старыми инструментами SR, и только один человек смог создать инструмент, который извлекает файлы, но это все. Прошло 5 лет, а AoM все еще не модифицируется (может быть, людям наплевать на эту игру)
Но я надеюсь But I hope that the developers will say whether they will make tools for mods officially, or the community will have to do everything themselves, I hope that the community will develop some tools at all, because history can repeat itself with aom

I don't think they're allowed to say anything about tools yet as the game isn't released yet, and the post release content is dependent a lot on sales. Especially after low sales of AOM got AOM DLCs and SRIV mod tools canned. If SRR under-performs, I think they'd use the budget for any potential SRR mod tools for SRR2 development instead.

Tho I think I can say that Volition is eager to support modders as they had a great relationship with them in the past, and so is Deep Silver, as the launch of Steam Workshop actually boosted PC sales of SRIV

Mods really give us a better experience. Right now my friends and I are playing WorldBox Mod APK worldbox mod apk techzapk there we have become the founders of the world we have built a world on our own you input the game our resources are just land and water but are now powerful territories

Last edited:
If you read the EULA for the Boss Station, there's a *big* section on "User Generated Content"; that's not to say that there definitely will be mods or modding tools, but that they've bothered to put in the legal framework for it is encouraging. (That said, it would be Very Very Nice if they actually released the specs for the stupid packfiles.)

That's actually awesome to hear, I never read those lol.

Also speaking of which, as of now, Minimaul's unfinished AOM tools work to extract Boss Factory files

While the developers are silent about modding, I'll ask you what you think about it? Do we wait for an official answer about mod support, or not, which of you is ready to make truly real tools for creating mods? Map editor, visual scripting, animatuon tools, and so on, I hope there are such people who know maybe we will have our own codewalker or openiv as in gta v... But I hope that before the release of the game we will be given an answer about the support or official tools for mod, What do you think?

While the developers are silent about modding, I'll ask you what you think about it? Do we wait for an official answer about mod support, or not, which of you is ready to make truly real tools for creating mods? Map editor, visual scripting, animatuon tools, and so on, I hope there are such people who know maybe we will have our own codewalker or openiv as in gta v... But I hope that before the release of the game we will be given an answer about the support or official tools for mod, What do you think?
@Admixon @Singa Give an answer, do we wait for official words about modding before the release of the game, or we better wait for the steam version? Or will developers not do official support and official tools? What can I expect? It seems to me that there will be nothing and we will again be left without good tools.

Back