Will The New Saints Row Game Support Mods?

This is just a general question for "Mod Support". If and when Volition & Deep Silver release modding tools for SR22, how does one obtain these said tools? Will they be released on the official site or something? Appreciate any answers. Thanks.

I was also able to extract some of the pack files and .str2_pc files. Right now, I'm trying to extract the textures with the Source Code from the Saints Row 3 texture tool by scanti for the .cvbm_pc and .gvbm_pc files. The first part of the cvbm is the same as before (at least up to NumberOfTexturesDup)

But in the second part of the file I've having trouble figuring out how to figure out where the FileOffsetOfData is now. It looks like it's not where it was before because it's a huge number and causes the file to read over the end. I tried offsetting the data a few bytes forward to see if I see anything intelligible, but it's tricky.

I might see if I can find some original texture files from Saints Row 3 and compare the data to get a better idea of what it looked like before.
great to hear that 👏 would you share your pack header and fileDescriptor struct? I still wonder why nrFiles were less than actual file count if taken from DirSize before filenames. For me is 4 file entries off (ex 398 instead of 402)

great to hear that 👏 would you share your pack header and fileDescriptor struct? I still wonder why nrFiles were less than actual file count if taken from DirSize before filenames. For me is 4 file entries off (ex 398 instead of 402)
For the pack files, I am just using Minimaul's agentsofmayhem branch here.

The reboot uses the same version as far as I can tell. I'm still working on getting the repacking working though because it's not implemented yet on that branch.

ah, didn't see that one, I was using ThomasJepp v0A as a reference.
Thanks 👍
I didn't either at first and I was doing the same thing with no luck. 😃 I had already created new files for Version 11 and was playing with the offsets and then facepalmed when I found that the agentsofmayhem branch already had that done. I actually almost have repacking working, testing with sr_city.vcc_pc but the repacked file is 400mb too big for some reason, and the game won't read the new file. (The tool will unpack the new packed one exactly the same as the original file though). I have to work during the week, but I'll probably have it all cleaned up by the end of the week and I'll make a PR on ThomasJepp's repo.

I didn't either at first and I was doing the same thing with no luck. 😃 I had already created new files for Version 11 and was playing with the offsets and then facepalmed when I found that the agentsofmayhem branch already had that done. I actually almost have repacking working, testing with sr_city.vcc_pc but the repacked file is 400mb too big for some reason, and the game won't read the new file. (The tool will unpack the new packed one exactly the same as the original file though). I have to work during the week, but I'll probably have it all cleaned up by the end of the week and I'll make a PR on ThomasJepp's repo.
I've noticed the 0x11 code doesn't do the compression/uncompression stream check, maybe I'm missing something? Previous version assign a ZLibStream for compressed data, maybe that's the issue?

I've noticed the 0x11 code doesn't do the compression/uncompression stream check, maybe I'm missing something? Previous version assign a ZLibStream for compressed data, maybe that's the issue?
The 0A versions is using a ZLibStream, it looks like Minimaul is using LZ4Stream streams for the Version 11, and the biggest piece missing is the Save() method in the Version 11 Packfile.cs. I'm looking at the 0A code and have implemented something similar to what was done there, but in version 11 with an LZ4Stream, and able to get it to build (and pack for that matter, though apparently not completely correctly). Comparing the original and repacked versions in a hex editor now to see what's wrong with the data. The offsets look right to me, I'm still not sure. I'm pretty new to this, still learning as I go here hahaha.

Wasn't sure where to ask this but I guess here would be okay. I know that there is no "Official Mod Support" as of right now but there is something I am wondering if it's accessible and repack-able using existing tools from previous games.

Would anyone know or maybe be able to provide the files to Vehicle Engine Sounds & Emergency Vehicle Siren Sounds? If this is not yet possible, then okay, no problem. I thought ask anyway. Thanks for any answers.

Wasn't sure where to ask this but I guess here would be okay. I know that there is no "Official Mod Support" as of right now but there is something I am wondering if it's accessible and repack-able using existing tools from previous games.

Would anyone know or maybe be able to provide the files to Vehicle Engine Sounds & Emergency Vehicle Siren Sounds? If this is not yet possible, then okay, no problem. I thought ask anyway. Thanks for any answers.
You can unpack the files using Minimaul's tools on the agentsofmayhem branch (you have to build the code yourself), but there are no existing tools to repack the files right now.

Back