Saints Row IV Volition Update to SRIV Modding SDK!!

tumblr_maorj3fnt61rtjh3wo1_400-jpg.3131

In all honesty though, it is great to see the positive impact this has on the community. We're happy that we are now able to do these things. We have a lot of catch up to do, but we'll get there.

If EA's customer support was this helpful and humorous, maybe they wouldn't have been voted worst company in America two years in a row. See, Electronic Arts? THIS is how you properly interact with your consumers!

Man, I feel awful. For years I was saying how Volition didn't care about the community, now this.

Thanks alot for this work.
volition was under the command of THQ. but now they're parted from that. they can do as they please. so i'd say. F*** THQ and i'm glad they closed. and volition lives on ;D

If EA's customer support was this helpful and humorous, maybe they wouldn't have been voted worst company in America two years in a row. See, Electronic Arts? THIS is how you properly interact with your consumers!
Actually when I had to phone their UK support when my Origin account was hijacked, they were very helpful ;)

Edit: better than Steam, who you can only contact via a ticketing system.

Actually when I had to phone their UK support when my Origin account was hijacked, they were very helpful ;)

Edit: better than Steam, who you can only contact via a ticketing system.

My experience wasn't nearly as nice with EA's US support, and many people on places like Reddit and 4chan uploaded screenshots and told horror stories of their online conversations with Origin online support that shows whoever they were talking to was lackadaisical as all hell, lying through their teeth or just being plain unhelpful in general.
Rgaming.png

There was a conversation someone uploaded where someone was trying to get his hacked account back, offered all the correct info, email, account name, secret code, correct security question and answer, and even provided the CD Key he got for FIFA 13. But, Origin refused to give him back his account because he couldn't remember the exact number of players he had on his team or what their ranks were. Plus, they refused to refund him the 50 euro he payed for it when he asked due to not getting the game back, again he had supplied sufficient information to prove who he was. Though I don't like Steam's ticketing system, I've gotten help quite fast when I needed it, and most times didn't even Steam support at all because of the Steam community. Glad to hear not all of EA's support is crap, Minimaul, but this is another conversation altogether.

My experience wasn't nearly as nice with EA's US support, and many people on places like Reddit and 4chan uploaded screenshots and told horror stories of their online conversations with Origin online support that shows whoever they were talking to was lackadaisical as all hell, lying through their teeth or just being plain unhelpful in general.
Rgaming.png

There was a conversation someone uploaded where someone was trying to get his hacked account back, offered all the correct info, email, account name, secret code, correct security question and answer, and even provided the CD Key he got for FIFA 13. But, Origin refused to give him back his account because he couldn't remember the exact number of players he had on his team or what their ranks were. Plus, they refused to refund him the 50 euro he payed for it when he asked due to not getting the game back, again he had supplied sufficient information to prove who he was. Though I don't like Steam's ticketing system, I've gotten help quite fast when I needed it, and most times didn't even Steam support at all because of the Steam community. Glad to hear not all of EA's support is crap, Minimaul, but this is another conversation altogether.

EA is the main reason why i don't buy pc games from them. i have a couple of games from them on xbox 360. but to buy a game that requires malware to be installed on my computer for it to work? forget it. you're not the only one who has heard of EA's crappy support.

and now on topic ;)

Please keep this on topic about the SDK release schedule.

Somewhat, I notice more the the word "replacing", is that how it would be? Isn't there a way to add them in game?

I feel like SRTT is lacking in weapons, I think you guys should release some more weapon DLCs if there will be no way for modders to add weapons and stuff, heh.

Somewhat, I notice more the the word "replacing", is that how it would be? Isn't there a way to add them in game?

The limits for these things are very tight right now even on PC. Our only real option is replacing until we can get a patch out to increase the limits. It will be hard to do both from a programming standpoint and logistical one. The save game format isn't very nice when it comes to adding arbitrary amounts of things for one. We're currently talking with Havok about license issues and we would need to secure QA time and we have concerns about minimum system requirements and all that kind of stuff.

The thought was that for now we would have to rely more on replacing things. These same tools will make new things as well, but it is an issue of getting the game to handle that.

Havok? I never knew SR3 actually used the Havok engine for the physics, or is it something else?

Anyway, it's too bad, adding stuff being possible but hard to implement, maybe in some time it will be possible.

Is this the same on SR2? No way to add?

Havok? I never knew SR3 actually used the Havok engine for the physics, or is it something else?
I think we just used havok physics on SR3, but possibly some pathfinding as well.

Is this the same on SR2? No way to add?

Yes, same for both of them. Much better chance of getting something fixed on SR3 though since we did the PC port in house.

Back