Singa

Succubus
Staff member
This mod allows you to fine aim with the McManus 2015 Sniper Rifle and the Togo-13.
You can fine aim like with most other weapons by right clicking and then use the scroll wheel to enter scoped mode. I also added 2 more zoom stages to the Sniper Rifle to make using the scope on mid-range better.

Screenshots:

Fine aim with the Togo-13:
10204349323278286848_20200529195756_1.png

Fine aim with the McManus 2015:
10204349323278286848_20200529195806_1.png

Installation:

To install it, copy weapons.xtbl into "Program Files" > "Epic Games" > "SaintsRowTheThird".

To uninstall it, remove weapons.xtbl from "Program Files" > "Epic Games" > "SaintsRowTheThird".

Credits:

LucasRitter for his Saints Row: The Third - Remastered VPP viewer used to extract the file.

Attachments

• Sniper & Togo Fine Aim.rar
    32.7 KB · Views: 1,152
Cool!
exactly the opposite of what I wanted: sniper view for all weapons, nice mod nonetheless.

Not dumb question, because I do not own the Remaster: Does this work on normal SRTT?

Cool!
exactly the opposite of what I wanted: sniper view for all weapons, nice mod nonetheless.
This is not so hard, few lines in weapons.xtbl
Code:
<Flag>can zoom</Flag>
This adds to flags
Somewhere under the flags
Code:
            <Zoom_Type>non-progressive</Zoom_Type>
            <Minimum_FOV>5</Minimum_FOV>
            <Zoom_Steps>2</Zoom_Steps>
            <Maximum_FOV>36</Maximum_FOV>

And to fix insane camera need to replace Camera info section
Code:
<Camera_Info>
                <Primary_Fire_Camera_Shake>weapon_fire_sniper</Primary_Fire_Camera_Shake>
                <Primary_Fire_Camera_Shake_Intensity>0.6</Primary_Fire_Camera_Shake_Intensity>
                <Primary_Fine_Aim_Camera_Shake>weapon_fire_sniper</Primary_Fine_Aim_Camera_Shake>
                <Primary_Fire_Fine_Aim_Camera_Shake_Intensity>1.2</Primary_Fire_Fine_Aim_Camera_Shake_Intensity>
                <Player_Hit_Camera_Shake>bullet_hit</Player_Hit_Camera_Shake>
                <Player_Hit_Camera_Shake_Intensity>1.5</Player_Hit_Camera_Shake_Intensity>y></Camera_Info>

But I guess some weapons will not work correctly

This is not so hard, few lines in weapons.xtbl
Code:
<Flag>can zoom</Flag>
This adds to flags
Somewhere under the flags
Code:

And to fix insane camera need to replace Camera info section
Code:
<Camera_Info>
                <Primary_Fire_Camera_Shake>weapon_fire_sniper</Primary_Fire_Camera_Shake>
                <Primary_Fire_Camera_Shake_Intensity>0.6</Primary_Fire_Camera_Shake_Intensity>
                <Primary_Fine_Aim_Camera_Shake>weapon_fire_sniper</Primary_Fine_Aim_Camera_Shake>
                <Primary_Fire_Fine_Aim_Camera_Shake_Intensity>1.2</Primary_Fire_Fine_Aim_Camera_Shake_Intensity>
                <Player_Hit_Camera_Shake>bullet_hit</Player_Hit_Camera_Shake>
                <Player_Hit_Camera_Shake_Intensity>1.5</Player_Hit_Camera_Shake_Intensity>y></Camera_Info>

But I guess some weapons will not work correctly

Interesting! i remember trying it but it didn't work.
I can't think of any game as an example, but I wanted to have every weapon (minus snipers) have a "0%" scope view, practically replacing the "over-the-shoulder" aim with a "first-person" one!

Singa, I can't believe I never tried this method. We can add <Flag>zoom allows fine aim</Flag> to the NG Rifle <Flags> upgrade entry (for level 4, since that is when you get the scoped model) to get Fine Aim (over the shoulder) PLUS Zoom (scoped) using right-click (fine aim) and wheel (scope zoom). Awesome!!

For extra noms, change zoom steps to 5 (under <Camera_Info>---<Zoom_Steps>)!!!!

Yeah I originally planned that for this mod but I was told the level 4 upgrade of the rifle already works that way and lets you fineaim before you can zoom in? I haven't played with the level 4 rifle since like 2012 because I hate 90% of the upgrades in this game, so I had to ask and that was the response I got.

Back