Troubleshooting FAQ / Common Issues

Hi I've got the game through Steam and its been working great up until the last couple of days.
But now it gets to the loading screen and crashes out every time I try, I've tried veryfing the whole files thing and keep getting the 1 file failed to validate and will be reaquired message but doesn't get resolved also having the same issue with another Steam game.
Seriously frustrating having two unplayable games on my pc so any help greatly apreciated as I have no idea how to resolve it....

RaycasterBug.gif

fix for this bug?

My game is Overheating my GPU and SR4 runs just fine even doom and tomb raider dont produce as much heat as SR3 is producing now. this is a problem ive encountered recently and AMD & Microsoft have no clue as to whats causing it

Huh. It seems the game thinks the door is obstructed, but I have no idea why that would be. Do you have any mods installed?

You can try another (newer) video driver version if there is one, but otherwise, it might be wise to set up an overclocking profile to *reduce* the GPU clock speed during SR3. That may reduce the heat output. And/or tell it to use 100% fan speed, if it isn't. I'll be watching your other thread to see if anyone has other ideas.

Huh. It seems the game thinks the door is obstructed, but I have no idea why that would be. Do you have any mods installed?

You can try another (newer) video driver version if there is one, but otherwise, it might be wise to set up an overclocking profile to *reduce* the GPU clock speed during SR3. That may reduce the heat output. And/or tell it to use 100% fan speed, if it isn't. I'll be watching your other thread to see if anyone has other ideas.
I found the issue apparently setting lighting detail to Ultra has serious side effects on the GPU setting it back to High eliminates the issue. I guess the Ultra setting in Lighting Detail has a reason for being set to high in Ultra settings because it seemed to be throttling my GPU or overloading it. possibly a bug?

Back