The game crashes while loading. :(
Do you have Steam or GOG version of the game? Have you installed any other mods? If so, could you list them please? You also might try lowering some settings in the launcher or applying that No New Textures Project patch if you have a weak PC.
the game crash during the first mission
If you mean character creation menu upon completing it then yes, we're aware of that and we're still working on a fix. Otherwise specify it a bit - when exactly? What happens right before the crash?
"Graphics" option in Main Menu doesn't work.
Halp.
Quote from my reply on previous page:
It's because of the new launcher, it makes 'display.ini' file read-only. It's to prevent the game from swapping settings unexpectedly (for example, I found out that it switches shadow quality to medium every time I minimize the game). You can change anything you want in this new launcher though. It also includes some new options which aren't available in the regular menu, mess around with it a bit. :)
How can I get rid of the Shiny Clothes and Texture Project mod?
Quote from the original post:
--> ADDITIONAL PATCHES <--
Would you guys mind checking the first post and at least one last page before asking a question? I don't mean to sound offensive but that'd help a lot.

Ok,now before installing mod I will read 27 pages of post history and learn how mod works! Also,I will learn how to mod files,so I will be able to patch mods!

Ok,now before installing mod I will read 27 pages of post history and learn how mod works!
[...] at least one last page [...]
*cough*
Also,I will learn how to mod files,so I will be able to patch mods!
(from No Shiny Clothes patch post, linked in the original one)
Remove 'sr3_city_awld.str2_pc' file from your The Third main directory and replace 'stream_grid.asm_pc' with the one from the archive.
(from No New Textures Project patch post, linked in the original one)
--> HOW TO INSTALL? <--
  • Make sure that you have installed the latest version of Family-Friendly Edition. Otherwise this patch won't work.
  • Copy 'Shiny_Clothes_Uninstaller.bat' file from 'Uninstaller' folder to your Saints Row: The Third install folder and launch it. Then remove Shiny Clothes completely (choose option 1 in the menu).
    • TIP: Saints Row: The Third install folder will be wherever you installed Steam: ..\Steam\SteamApps\common\saints row the third\
  • Copy everything from 'Files' folder to your Saints Row: The Third install folder. Replace files from Family-Friendly Edition if necessary.
  • Done! Enjoy your nonshiny clothes!
If these instructions above are difficult, I don't even know anymore.

I don't have any other SRTT mods installed, but copying all the stuff from the "Files" folder (merging or replacing any file conflicts with the new files) to my game's install directory on Steam just makes the game crash when I try to load a save file. The installation instructions in the OP and the readme seem pretty straightforward, so what am I doing wrong?

I have everything except the Bloodsucker and Unlockable packs. I also don't have the Season Pass, but I bought all the DLC missions anyway so I don't think it matters whether I bought them in the Pass or got them individually. I don't know what version number my game is or how to check it, but it's whatever the Steam version is currently updated to. I'm also American so it's not the German version of the game, which I've seen from other posts here was a potential problem.

As an update since my previous post though, I've tried installing something as simple as the "Delete Reward Vehicles v3" mod from IdolNinja, and even that caused my game to crash while loading a save. I did some further reading from other forums and found that some people were only able to get mods to work in DX9 mode rather than DX10-11, though these posts were from years ago, I think before even all of the DLC missions had come out, so those would be earlier versions of the game.. Is there something really obvious I'm missing here, like mods only working in DX9 even now?

Where do I find that? It doesn't show a popup or anything about asking to view the crash report, like I've seen other software do. Are they automatically filed away in the installation directory somewhere?

They are .mdmp files. I'm noy sure where they are,but they are somewhere.
I found pretty old thread that says I can't interprete dat files without .PDB, but lol,I can.

Back