The Price of Freedom: Hands on with Saints Row IV

I believe that ammo type is exclusive to the gun you are using and not swappable or upgradeable.

Not all customization items are returning. What that means to you, I don't know. Volition has said that if the old item doesn't exist then your imported character will just wear generic default clothes instead.

GODDAMNIT. please tell me i get to keep the pirate pants at least. do NOT forget the pirate pants!!!

GODDAMNIT. please tell me i get to keep the pirate pants at least. do NOT forget the pirate pants!!!

Like I said in the article, the clothing kept crashing and I didn't get to see any of it.

Like I said in the article, the clothing kept crashing and I didn't get to see any of it.

Not sure why they would take anything out since its very much the same engine but I am sure they have reasons for it, great thing is I bet mods will release clothes that will be similar enough right? Well guess that would be 100% up to modders, I might try my hand at it, I have almost 0 experience though....seems like you guys are trying to make them user friendly though so thats neat.

Not sure why they would take anything out since its very much the same engine but I am sure they have reasons for it, great thing is I bet mods will release clothes that will be similar enough right? Well guess that would be 100% up to modders, I might try my hand at it, I have almost 0 experience though....seems like you guys are trying to make them user friendly though so thats neat.

Well, if someone creates a mod installer with a solid method of checking if you have a legal copy of SRTT and any/all clothing DLC and Volition/Deep Silver approves of it, exact porting of all missing clothing should be relatively easy. (Compared to recreating similar stuff, at least.) Same concept could apply to weapons, vehicles, etc. And if the model formats are exactly the same, all the sooner we'd see it happen. We'd only be limited by how much they can expand tables and memory limits for us :)

Only reason I could think of anything being cut would be for consoles' sake, keeping the memory usage under control. I thought I had read or watched somewhere in an interview that most of it is still in though, so hopefully that's the case. If so, to take a wild guess, the first things to go would probably be any DLC clothing.

I really wish there were socks in SRTT.
I miss having a set of nylons for the female character, and half of the shoes look funny without socks under them.

Yes, I've played with the nylon kit that is in the adult section of the SRTT mods.
Its just not the same, but if those skins were made into clothes (stockings/socks) then it would be easy to break them up between the 4 stores (lets pretend, saints, no body loves me, and leather & lace).

Having things like: Stockings with Garter belt, stockings alone, low socks, mid socks, etc...

Hmmph, now I want to see the hair styles from female characters of "Panty and Stocking with Garterbelt" (an Anime that ran a couple of years ago). That Anime was about as twisted as SR is.

I never found the planes to be very useful in 2 or 3. They're kind of fun ways to get around, but in both games, you can only get them from one specific point on the map that isn't particularly close to a crib, there are no air battles (except maybe with SWAT helicopters), and strafing ground targets is nigh pointless with the limited spawn range. The VTOLs solved all three of those by basically acting like a helicopter, but the regular planes are relegated to pretty collectables in my play.

What i've been wondering is: does 4 do anything to change this situation? Are the planes useful? Are they even in the game?

I never found the planes to be very useful in 2 or 3. They're kind of fun ways to get around, but in both games, you can only get them from one specific point on the map that isn't particularly close to a crib, there are no air battles (except maybe with SWAT helicopters), and strafing ground targets is nigh pointless with the limited spawn range. The VTOLs solved all three of those by basically acting like a helicopter, but the regular planes are relegated to pretty collectables in my play.

What i've been wondering is: does 4 do anything to change this situation? Are the planes useful? Are they even in the game?
Yes, they're in. They're not significantly different to SRTT.

Penny Arcade Report's review of the press preview..
http://penny-arcade.com/report/arti...ould-for-saints-row-iv-and-the-result-is-a-ne

This is an unholy mixture of The Matrix, Crackdown, Grand Theft Auto, inFamous, and pretty much anything else that had a good idea that could be copies and added to the stew. The game doesn't feel malicious in any way, the team at Volition has simply stolen all the fun bits from games and popular culture of the past twenty years or so, and stripped away all the bullshit. What's left is a game that's remarkably free of of the stuff that bogs games down, with all the good parts intact. I can't wait to play the full version.

im glad i made the investment in pre-ordering sr4.
if what you say is true then this will be a blast!!!
(btw i DID like sr3..... yeah it has its problems... but i liked it....)

Back