The Price of Freedom: Hands on with Saints Row IV

DLC answered here: http://www.destructoid.com/saints-row-iv-will-have-a-very-robust-dlc-plan--249353.phtml

I hope its not like the 3rd though(What was it like 10 dlcs on disc, I know because my pirate friends had many of the DLCs from the start). Hey I read through your write up here, reread the modding part a couple times, did you get the feel IdolNinja that it will be an actual toolset like Bethesda games have? Because if it is I will pre-order because if history taught us anything Mods > DLCs.

We'll be building it based on documentation, info, and other support from Volition. So, it really all comes down to how that all works out. It's too early at this stage to give you even a projection.

Alright I understand, I ams still iffy after SR3 to be honest and the way that was handled, but have hopes. Nice that they are now involved with the modding scene, thats a great step forward, good luck :)!

Ok, one thing I did not see in your write up.....was the music good like in sr2 or was it crappy like srtt? :D Awesome review, thank you!

Ok, one thing I did not see in your write up.....was the music good like in sr2 or was it crappy like srtt? :D Awesome review, thank you!

You must have missed the bit where I mentioned that none of the radio stations were in yet. So, no idea.

I'm not really sure if you can comment on it or not, but what were the controls like? Any drastic changes from SR3? From the various previews I've read you swap between superpowers with the d-pad on the fly (without pulling up the weapon wheel), which appears to be supported by gameplay footage, but that would suggest that compliments/taunts are no longer possible when superpowered unless they've been remapped. Can you clear this up?

Also curious how telekinesis works mechanically. Do you hold a button down to pick something up, then let go to release, or do you tap once to pick them up, tap again to throw them? Can you set objects/people down instead of throwing them? I'm just really interested in TK :p

It's funny... I really don't remember exactly how taunts/compliments work. I know I tried doing them at the start of the game and I remember them being mapped to left and right on the dpad. At least I think they were. Later in the game, the dpad definitely swapped superpowers though. My memory is a bit vague on that. Sorry.

The active superpowers were mapped to the grenade button; RB on the controller. You would press and hold RB to use telekinesis, and your superpower meter would drain while holding down the button and keeping the object aloft. If you let go or the meter ran out you would drop the object. If you pressed attack (RT) it would launch it. My memory is a bit fuzzy on that one too, so I'm not 100% certain on the RT part.

I hope you can place items down. The idea of letting a car gently fall onto a pedestrian is way funnier than throwing it at them.

Honestly I just want more funny commercials and stuff, music wasn't that bad, classical channel was still there :), Sleeping Dogs had an amazing Radio when it came to music I think.

I hope you can place items down. The idea of letting a car gently fall onto a pedestrian is way funnier than throwing it at them.

I hope so to, I really hope mods add in super powers and things like this though, that would be amazing.

Back