Steam Integration

If Steam integration helps releive the burden on the admin running the website and its a one time deal i see no problem. Also if someone doesn't have a verified legal copy than they shouldn't have much bussiness here right? My only problems with Steam is requiring it over an extremly slow wireless connection, with high speed cable it is very convenient for me. I see no issues with it and would think it helps protect us from malware or atleast keep this site running better and more effeciently.

I been trying to get my Steam account integrated but it's the same as my forum name on here.

Could that create abit of a conflict? Or is it because I tend to keep my Steam profile 'private'?

I been trying to get my Steam account integrated but it's the same as my forum name on here.

Could that create abit of a conflict? Or is it because I tend to keep my Steam profile 'private'?
You appear to have succeeded, but since it's private, i'm not sure there's a point to integrating it, since nobody can see information from it.

Yeah, I think the main reason it was added was to verify SRTT purchase, but that's just a guess.

Yeah, I think the main reason it was added was to verify SRTT purchase, but that's just a guess.
Actually it was initially added because someone asked about it in GoS chat. There were plans to make you have to verify your SRTT purchase like garrysmod.org does, but I never got around to it.

If you don't want to integrate your Steam account at least give a link in your profile or signature to your steam account or better way of doing it without integrating send a message to either Minimaul or IdolNinja on Steam so they know you own SRTT with a confirmation code given through PM here from one of them because I am getting sick and tired of people come on this forum and say a mod does not work and IdolNinja keeps repeating the same question over and over again which I reckon he is also getting pissed off all the time asking it to fish out the pirates.

It certainly is getting a bit tiring, but at least it's easy to tell the symptoms of a cracked version and take appropriate steps.

I was on board with this idea of Steam integration at first, but have since changed my mind. I don't think that requiring a Steam account is the right solution for this.

Just put a big banner saying: "If you don't own the Steam version of SR3, you'd better go away" or something...

Just put a big banner saying: "If you don't own the Steam version of SR3, you'd better go away" or something...

Pfffft. Like pirates actually read anything. :p

Back