Steam Integration

We started with just two rules and now we have 10.

I thought people could use their common sense. I guess I was wrong.

About if you have a steamworks saintsrow 3 or not, maybe we should ask the newcomers from the start if they have one or not. Through just a conversation or anything. It's some work, but maybe we get the rotten fishes out before they start to smell (That we can get them before we have to ask the same question over and over and over again).

Hahaha, it's funny how everyone is pretty much against forcing Steam integration......yet, all of us did it because it's sweet!

As far as piracy goes, I agree it's wrong, but the act of piracy hasn't hurt gaming nearly as bad as the "idea" of piracy. THQ is a classic case. They blamed everyone and everything but themselves over there collapse. Fact is, even as hardcore fans of Saints Row, I bet none of us didn't feel ultimately burned by THQ. They abandoned SR 2 on the PC before it was properly patched and basically left it up to Idolninja to get it playable....who I'm guessing didn't get a pay check. They threw fairly exploitative DLC at their customers, with pretty high price tags. They then made several poor business moves cough*homefront*cough forcing Volition to ship SRTT unfinished (Not unpolished mind you! Volition are gods among men. I've never seen such a polished unfinished game in my life!!) My point is that if a game bombs, it does so regardless of pirates, and if the game succeeds it will do so despite pirates.

The idea of pirates is a disease among publishers and developers AS bad as motion controls and touch screens. They fail because they release bad products. They lose money because they suck at business. That's it. In fact I'll admit, I'm not too keen when a Volition, or THQ rep making demands to the modding community....they owe idolninja and Minimaul SO freaking much. In a very literal and financial way. I mean, seriously, SR 2 was unplayable without these guys. How many people purchased SR 2 on the PC only because of gentlemen of the row? I already had the console version, and got it on Steam for the mods.

So, where are the tools? Where's the helping hand from the developer, and publisher? No where, and that is what killed THQ. Not piracy, or the iphone. They showed little to no respect for their fans, and the communities which literally made them money. The amazing modders on this site deserved more credit then they received for moving copies of SR 2 and SRTT. So, it's not always the consumers fault.​

Back