SRIV SDK Release B: Adding New Customization Items

I just can't make my edited clothing item to show up properly in-game. I followed the tutorial as closely as possible, i've watched the videos twice, carefully repeating every step, but i just can't get it right. Things look perfectly fine in Maya, converter doesn't throw any error messages, but when i select the item in-game, it ends up collapsed under my character's feet, like so:
20191208142400_1.jpg
That supposed to be a skirt. I'm at a loss at this point. Does anyone have any idea why it could be happening?
The only thing i can think of, is that in the beginning of the tutorial it says that the character template is supposed to be in Z-up coordinates, while in my case it loads as Y-up from the get go. That seems sort of consistent with how the model ends up on the floor, but then i'm supposed to change it to Y-up either way, so why would it even matter?

I just can't make my edited clothing item to show up properly in-game. I followed the tutorial as closely as possible, i've watched the videos twice, carefully repeating every step, but i just can't get it right. Things look perfectly fine in Maya, converter doesn't throw any error messages, but when i select the item in-game, it ends up collapsed under my character's feet, like so:
View attachment 23692
That supposed to be a skirt. I'm at a loss at this point. Does anyone have any idea why it could be happening?
The only thing i can think of, is that in the beginning of the tutorial it says that the character template is supposed to be in Z-up coordinates, while in my case it loads as Y-up from the get go. That seems sort of consistent with how the model ends up on the floor, but then i'm supposed to change it to Y-up either way, so why would it even matter?

Yes, coordinates are important

View attachment 23692

Could be that, or other thing:
Does the mesh moves in-game? For example when it open the legs, does the skirt wide open or expand? If it moves, then is the coordinate, but if not... it is the skinning process

Apparently i'm an idiot. Shortly after i wrote this post, i suddenly remembered that the converter came with Maya scenes, which i deleted. All this time i was importing .fbx file instead, which indeed has armature rotated. Using the scene, or clearing transformations on the template imported from .fbx before doing everything else works just fine.

Last edited:
Flow, i have a question related to mask/similar mods... You mentioned that you need to add extra shapes for them to work with the face animations, i tried but it doesnt seem to work in game.

This is my file:
facemorphs.png

Is this the way to go? Or it needs an extra step?

Hey! Nice tutorial, but im getting an error at the customization item clone part

Unhandled Exception: System.Exception: materialSize != material.DataSize - 488 != 520
at ThomasJepp.SaintsRow.Meshes.StaticMesh.StaticMesh..ctor(Stream s)
at ThomasJepp.SaintsRow.CustomizationItemClone.Program.ProcessCCMesh(IPackfileEntry oldFile, String oldName, String newName)
at ThomasJepp.SaintsRow.CustomizationItemClone.Program.ClonePackfile(IGameInstance sriv, String packfileName, String clothSimFilename, String outputFolder, IAssetAssemblerFile newAsm, String oldName, String newName, String newStr2Filename)
at ThomasJepp.SaintsRow.CustomizationItemClone.Program.Main(String[] args)
Do you know why this is happening?

Hey! Nice tutorial, but im getting an error at the customization item clone part

Unhandled Exception: System.Exception: materialSize != material.DataSize - 488 != 520
at ThomasJepp.SaintsRow.Meshes.StaticMesh.StaticMesh..ctor(Stream s)
at ThomasJepp.SaintsRow.CustomizationItemClone.Program.ProcessCCMesh(IPackfileEntry oldFile, String oldName, String newName)
at ThomasJepp.SaintsRow.CustomizationItemClone.Program.ClonePackfile(IGameInstance sriv, String packfileName, String clothSimFilename, String outputFolder, IAssetAssemblerFile newAsm, String oldName, String newName, String newStr2Filename)
at ThomasJepp.SaintsRow.CustomizationItemClone.Program.Main(String[] args)
Do you know why this is happening?
which item are you cloning?

I was doing the bones suit, I actually fixed this error by switching to revision 121, now im getting the error Unhandled Exception: OutOfMemoryException. lol
For some reason the cloning tool fails to copy certain items and theres nothing you can do about it, if you are going to replace it with a new mesh you can just try another item.

Back