SRIV SDK Release A: Weapon Modding Tutorial

If you have a csmesh, you don't need a rig file. Just look at the items_3d entry of the baseball bat (should be the same name as the str2 that holds the baseball bat files)
But what about few parameters in container tag Like Type="Items Preload" and Allocator="item preload" Should I blindly put them for my static model?

Yeah I'd just try it that way. Again, I'll think of a way to make this easier.
Hi, I need help again. After a lot of unsuccessful attempts, I added my weapon to the game, although the 3d model is not displayed and the text fields are empty. I decompiled your string files and found some "hash" data. Is that nessesary? My ordinary strings do not loading for some reason and I thing it's because of this hash

Hi, I need help again. After a lot of unsuccessful attempts, I added my weapon to the game, although the 3d model is not displayed and the text fields are empty. I decompiled your string files and found some "hash" data. Is that nessesary? My ordinary strings do not loading for some reason and I thing it's because of this hash
Your string's names will be converted to hash values automatically once you build them. If you decompile your own strings you'll see hash values in the xml as well so that's not the problem. Did you reference the string names correctly in weapons.xtbl and weapon_costumes.xtbl? Did you specify the correct charset for your language in your xml file?
Edit: Nevermind, looks like UTF-8 should work for any language.

Last edited:
Your string's names will be converted to hash values automatically once you build them.
Thank you alot, this hash very dіsturbed me. I decompiled my language files and I found that it is empty, maybe because of tag <string> with <String> all works ok

Last edited:
Iam there again. It looks like my str2 files dont loading to the game. I think the weapon works like this please сorrect me where I am wrong.

Asm files is kinda database for all game assets for quick loading them to the game so we prescribes our archives with files in the <Containers> section
  • main weapon acrchive in items_preload_containers.asm_pc
  • archive with hi-res map in mods_costumes.asm_pc and items_containers.asm_pc
In the items_3d.xtbl we create a new variable that will be the name for ours weapon and prescribes many parameters as mesh file, rig file and flag for using hi-res textures

In the weapons.xtbl we prescribe weapon class, animation, damage and other weapon's parameters

In the weapon_costumes.xtbl we prescribe ...eh some changable parameters for weapon skin?

In the items_inventory.xtbl we prescribe icons and description for inventory and shop

In the store_weapons.xtbl we lock or unlock weapon in a shop

In the weapon_costumes.xtbl we prescribe ...eh some changable parameters for weapon skin?
You got the other files right, but the weapon_costumes file is much more important than you might think. It's what links all the other file entries together so to say. There should be three variables in there that you have to change to the names of your respective item, weapon or inventory item entry: <Item_Entry>, <Weapon_Entry> and <Inventory_Entry> (or something along those lines, can't check at the moment)

Why only 9 material IDo_O
Can not choose more than “ID10”
Suggest a “dynamic texture” shader option
-6e9d1cf093823153.gif

Last edited:
Back