SRIV SDK Release A: Weapon Modding Tutorial

Not a problem, I'll work on it from this end with the SR4 tools and we'll see what we come up with.
Oh man, this is a weird one. The file's fine, it's not your fault there are no textures in-game, but rather the converter's. It's having troubles with that file because of timing issues in the converter script. This happened to me before and there's somewhat of a fix: all you have to do is run SaintsRow_FBX_Converter.py in an IDE. I recommend PyCharm, you can download it here for free: https://www.jetbrains.com/pycharm/download/#section=windows
Again, if this is too much of a hassle, just retexture the model manually. Thanks for providing your FBX though, maybe it'll help us fix those pesky timing issues.

Let me know if you have any success by using an IDE with the converter. I was able to run the converter successfully (once I put in some tga files for the matlib cruncher to find). When I can find time, I'm hoping to significantly improve the debugging output for the converter so we can track down these issues.

I'll go ahead and try it with the IDE and then if that fails I'll go with the manual retexture. Should have time later in the week to get into it. I'll let you know what happens. Thanks again for all the help!

Good tutorial but what about uploading mod to workshop? I stucked on packaging vpp. Mod for melee weapon works fine as few files in mod directory but as packed vpp it kills melee weapon slot. Are I am doing stupid things by packing main_streaming_weapons.asm ?

Good tutorial but what about uploading mod to workshop? I stucked on packaging vpp. Mod for melee weapon works fine as few files in mod directory but as packed vpp it kills melee weapon slot. Are I am doing stupid things by packing main_streaming_weapons.asm ?
This tutorial was written a long time before SRIV got Steam Workshop support and hence shows how to make weapon mods in the outdated format. Mods in that format won't work if you try to upload them to Workshop. I'll see if I can come up with an improved workflow that allows making mods in the new format.

This tutorial was written a long time before SRIV got Steam Workshop support and hence shows how to make weapon mods in the outdated format. Mods in that format won't work if you try to upload them to Workshop. I'll see if I can come up with an improved workflow that allows making mods in the new format.
That would be amazing. I saw only one workshop item that works. That was SeulbYhcrana's Pancor Jackhammer I tried to recreate this way but oliviosly failed there are to many tables and asm where you could be make mistakes blindly

That would be amazing. I saw only one workshop item that works. That was SeulbYhcrana's Pancor Jackhammer I tried to recreate this way but oliviosly failed there are to many tables and asm where you could be make mistakes blindly
As for working Workshop weapon mods there's also my Flamethrower Guitar, T3K Urban, Tek Z-10, XMAC etc. so I recommend you have a look at those mods as well if you want to better understand the format

As for working Workshop weapon mods there's also my Flamethrower Guitar, T3K Urban, Tek Z-10, XMAC etc. so I recommend you have a look at those mods as well if you want to better understand the format
Please tell me about character mesh I guess that why my mod crushing the game. SDK converting non rigged melee weapont to csmesh (static mesh?) but in tables all weapons are ccmesh also in items 3d_there is rig section. So I am confused.
Could I rename csmesh to cmesh(probably not)? Could I use baseball_bat.rigx in rig section or I must rename it and copy to str2 or even rigged model and my my own? Too many questions...

Please tell me about character mesh I guess that why my mod crushing the game. SDK converting non rigged melee weapont to csmesh (static mesh?) but in tables all weapons are ccmesh also in items 3d_there is rig section. So I am confused.
Could I rename csmesh to cmesh(probably not)? Could I use baseball_bat.rigx in rig section or I must rename it and copy to str2 or even rigged model and my my own? Too many questions...
If you have a csmesh, you don't need a rig file. Just look at the items_3d entry of the baseball bat (should be the same name as the str2 that holds the baseball bat files)

Back