SRIV SDK Release A: Weapon Modding Tutorial

As I excepted, I need to do requests. The only 3d program I'm good at is Sketch-Up and the only game I can (partially) mod is Sonic Adventure.

At least, I'm glad patience payed off.
Let's try to keep track of all mods!

here is the fbx file and output folder. also if it makes a difference, i am using the blender method as i do not own 3dsmax or maya.
There doesn't appear to be any output files in your zip.

The name of the mesh should be named consistent with the mesh/weapon you are modifying. So if the template mesh name is "PumpShotgun" then your mesh should be named "PumpShotgun". This is necessary so that when packaging it can find the output files of the exact name within the proper packages.

There doesn't appear to be any output files in your zip.

The name of the mesh should be named consistent with the mesh/weapon you are modifying. So if the template mesh name is "PumpShotgun" then your mesh should be named "PumpShotgun". This is necessary so that when packaging it can find the output files of the exact name within the proper packages.
thanks, i'll try that out.

I'm having strange results when trying to replace the pistol from your text tutorial. I can get my skin to appear ingame, but it's way to small and the rotation is messed up... I'd be very grateful if you were to have a look at the attached files and tell me if you find some mistakes.

EDIT:
example.jpg

The gun is pretty hard to see in this image, because it's hidden inside of the magazine, but if you look closely around the palm area, you'll probably see its handle.

Attachments

• FlowsFiles.rar
    3.3 MB · Views: 617
Last edited:
okay I almost got this figured out, only problem is I am trying to add a mesh to the shotgun with the blender method but cannot figure out how to join it. I get the no mesh data to join error but I cannot find any fixes on the internet.

I know that this isn't a place to request mods, but since the release of the Anime Pack DLC, I wanted to turn the Kaiju-XL into more of a sniper rifle since it has the over powered feeling, so all that I really wanted to do was add the zoom. However, The weapon pack download only contains files from the base game without the DLC. Would it be possible to somehow get the files I need to modify in order to develop the mod?

I know that this isn't a place to request mods, but since the release of the Anime Pack DLC, I wanted to turn the Kaiju-XL into more of a sniper rifle since it has the over powered feeling, so all that I really wanted to do was add the zoom. However, The weapon pack download only contains files from the base game without the DLC. Would it be possible to somehow get the files I need to modify in order to develop the mod?
As I remeber sharing modded DLC items is illegal so you can make a mod for yourself only.

As I remeber sharing modded DLC items is illegal so you can make a mod for yourself only.
With that being said, would anybody be able to point me in the right direction? I need to know how to extract an FBX from a dlc weapon.

Would it be okay if I asked why modding the DLC opposed to the actual game files is illegal?

Back