SR4 Hairstyles for SR3

Discussion in 'Character Customisation & Clothing' started by MLVNRT, Aug 18, 2018.

1. Okay yeah I know this is a old post but.. I for some unknown reason can't get the hair to work, it has no physics and freaks out and is stuck pointing in all directions. When I put in the preloadrigs thing, the game doesn't get to the main menu.
    So idk what i'm doing XD

2. Make sure preload_rigs.vpp_pc goes in this directory/location:
    C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Saints Row the Third\packfiles\pc\cache

3. Yeah that's where I put it..

because you set it up to just transfer everything and it goes into place.
    I've tested it multiple times now and it is just that one thing the preload_riggs is what causes my game to get before the loading screen and close.

These are the only ones that don't wanna work or line up right:
    Braided pigtails
    Hime Cut
    Layered straight
    Loose pigtails
    Topknot
    Totes Kawaii

Last edited: Feb 1, 2020
  4. Hey Danielle I got the exact problem as yours, have you found a solution yet? I only merged the customize_us.le_strings from this mod with the one from Fan of saints' weapon mods for the new hairstyles' string names. (Playing with strings alone shouldn't cause any sort of problems...) it's the preload_rigs that's causing this insta-crash b4 even reaching menu.

5. Alright I figured it out. There's a conflict between preload_rigs and sandbox+(idolninja's) preload_anim.

Simply replace the conflicted preload_anim with the vanilla one or preload_anim from a variety mods uploaded by shitface/fan of saints will resolve the issue.

Thank you MLVNRT for the ported hairstyles!

MLVNRT likes this.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice