SR4 Character Mesh Viewer

Yes, I can see what you are talking about. The models are reversed from left-right.
Mirrored.png

I'm not sure how that is happening but I will see what can be done about it. As a side note, I finally found out where the weapons are stored (preload_items.vpp_pc). It seems like only half of the weapon models will open with MeshViewer.

gang_rifle.png gang_rifle_blender.png gang_shotgun.png police_pistol.png

It looks like someone of the Xentax forums has had some success decoding the mesh format for Saints Row the Third. Unfortunately the links to the source code give me a 403 error but I did download them ages ago. I'll PM you a link to my copy of the source files. (I don't want to add them to this thread as it isn't my code to publicly distribute).

Just a message to let you know I'm continuing to work on things. I have found and fixed the problem with the model being mirrored left-to-right and I have also found and fixed the issue with exporting to Wavefront OBJ files so now it just creates one big file that can be easily imported into Blender. However I have not completely fixed the problem with loading textures. Currently I am having issue getting SharpGL to use more than one texture on a model. Some models (such as Oleg) use one texture for the upper and lower body. These models display normally. Most models however (such as Kinzie) use two textures: one for the upper body, and one for the lower body. These models end up using the same texture.

MV_Export_1.4.png MV_textures_kinzie_1.4.png MV_textures_oleg_1.4.png MV_textures_sneakers_1.4.png

Nice progress! What do you mean by saying "these models end up using the same texture"? Are the UV maps loaded correctly?

Meaning in this first picture...
MV_textures_kinzie_1.4.png

That is the pants texture you are seeing on her upper body. If I rename the pants texture so that it doesn't load you end up with this...

MV_textures_kinzie02_1.4.png

Now the torso's texture is displayed on both halves of the model. It looks like the UV coordinates are correct for both the upper and lower body it just isn't applying the second texture.

Back