SR4 Character Mesh Viewer

Funny thing, I can't open any model, it says a item with the same "key" is already open.

EDIT: PROBLEM SOLVED

EDIT 2: NEW PROBLEM:

Can't load textures, followed the instructions, exported to BMP as well

Last edited:
Not the original author, but I'm working on updating and improving this application. Was able to get it updated to VS2022 with all dependencies on their latest versions with minimal hassle, made significant improvements to the rendering performance already too (it was making more than 20,000 OpenGL API calls per frame on average with glBegin / glEnd, now makes like 100x less than that with glDrawArrays, etc.)

Not the original author, but I'm working on updating and improving this application. Was able to get it updated to VS2022 with all dependencies on their latest versions with minimal hassle, made significant improvements to the rendering performance already too (it was making more than 20,000 OpenGL API calls per frame on average with glBegin / glEnd, now makes like 100x less than that with glDrawArrays, etc.)
Very good news. Appreciate!
Will you be able to support skeletons and weights?

Very good news. Appreciate!
Will you be able to support skeletons and weights?
I believe so. "Yeboleb" has a Git repository with Python code that contains what appears to be a complete implementation of ccmesh / gcmesh, and then there's that Blender plugin that has code to get skeleton bone names.

I think what I'm going to do overall is to refactor the application to just read all the data directly into Assimp's scene graph, which should then allow me to export correctly to a variety of 3D format.

Back