SR3 Garage Manager

Status
Not open for further replies.
1) Tell WinRar to stop opening jar files. It's somewhere in the file association setup. I don't know where, because i don't use it. Uncheck "jar" in the list.
2) You may need to install Java again after that for it to grab the association.
Now it start by Java but it can not find or load main class! I am using Java 7.

That's odd; i haven't seen that happen on 7. Well, within a couple of days, i'll be releasing a more robust save editor that includes this functionality, and i intend to use an executable wrapper to clear up some of that sort of confusion, so i suggest waiting for that.

edit: Okay, i guess i won't be using one, because there isn't one that is quick to deploy and works with Java 7. You'll just have to try to figure out what's wrong with your setup. Maybe your version 7 JRE isn't enabled (check the Java config in your control panel), i really don't know, and it's beyond the scope of this thread.

That's odd; i haven't seen that happen on 7. Well, within a couple of days, i'll be releasing a more robust save editor that includes this functionality, and i intend to use an executable wrapper to clear up some of that sort of confusion, so i suggest waiting for that.

edit: Okay, i guess i won't be using one, because there isn't one that is quick to deploy and works with Java 7. You'll just have to try to figure out what's wrong with your setup. Maybe your version 7 JRE isn't enabled (check the Java config in your control panel), i really don't know, and it's beyond the scope of this thread.
I find in MANIFEST file your SR3 Garage Manager was created by Java 1.7.0_04-b22. I have version 1.7.0_05-b05. Maybe that is reason.

That means yours is slightly newer than mine. Here, my suggestion is to make sure your .jar file association in windows is set properly. Use the command "ftype jarfile" in a command prompt, and it should return this:
Code:
jarfile="C:\Program Files\Java\jre7\bin\javaw.exe" -jar "%1" %*
You can try "java -version" and then "java -jar whateveritsnamed.jar" in a command prompt, too.
If none of that helps, i'm sorry, but i have no more ideas for you. It's apparently not a problem for anyone else.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back