SR3 Garage Manager

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thank you. Thank you. Thank you.
My garage was a mess. Now I have all my vehicles sorted by Saints, Police, Military and Civilian. Retrieving a vehicle is no longer a pain in my forehead (that's where my head usually aches when severely tired and annoyed by trivial tasks). :)

I was a little surprised nobody had made one by now, and annoyed by the same disorganization in my garage. I'm not sure why it is that you can't reorganize them in the game itself. It seems to me like a thing people would obviously want to do, especially console players, who have to use the gamepad to scroll, and they can't use this program. That was a constant nuisance in SR2, too.

Anyway, the program's supposed to locate your save folder automatically by reading the Steam installation information from your registry. If that fails to work, here's what it says in my FAQ thread:
Where are my save files?
<steam folder>\userdata\<user id>\55230\remote
SR3 relies solely on the Steam Cloud storage system for its saved games. The list of saves in-game won't change just because you change the save files, by the way. The list displayed in-game is probably stored in the savedir.sr3d_pc file. So you have to go by modified dates, to figure out what was your most recent save. sr3save_00.sr3s_pc is probably your autosave.

Ok, thanks. I was looking in App Data. And the save.sr3save_00.sr3s_pc is wrong becuase I have like 10 gamesaves and I only really play the most recent one.

It's only probably your autosave, assuming you have autosaving on, because 00 would be the first save created, and it keeps saving over it whenever it autosaves. That's to help people understand what they're seeing in that folder. I'm not suggesting that it's the one you, specifically, want to edit.

As noted, take a look at the saves in that directory, then sort by timestamp. If you go and save the game you want to modify, it'll be the one with the newest timestamp (sort of, as noted _00 is your quicksave, I suspect always because of game assumptions about having a given save slot to play with). Worse, if you delete saves, it will leave those given saves missing, but it won't renumber anything, it won't change the internal save table so the game won't care... and if you make new ones.. they'll go into the first slot. So if you had say save 1, 2, 3, and 4.. then deleted 1 and 3, you'll have 2 and 4. But if you made a new save, it'd become save 1 instead of save 5.. and then the next save is sve 3. Then comes 5, 6, etc. That's why you search by timestamp, because the ordering is wherever it fit.

I think it's actually made at the start of the bank heist. It could also be the engine making that first and assuming anyways. A good test would be if we could somehow edit the table, and see if we could declare another save file before it made an autosave. However, I'm betting it's hard-coded because, bluntly, this is Saints Row 3, where half the game is hardcoded assumptions (and the other half is baked into the exe or cryptic binary files. The little overlap is the easily modifiable xtbl files)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back